Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Data File Taking Forever

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently purchased a new laptop and have been trying for the last two days to open my website file on Muse.  My Muse file is 1.66GB.  It's saying that it's uploading and updating the data file and assets, but it's taking over 24 hours to even get it halfway and then Muse stops responding.  My new laptop has 64GB of ram.  Any help or advice anyone can give would be very appreciated.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

You´re welcome.

Be aware, that breakpoints are only necessary when your design starts to "break".

Be also aware that there´s no breakpoint necessary at 320 (the same as above-recently saw a lot of sites with breakpoint at 320)

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you manage to create a .muse file with 1.66 GB?

My largest project file, containing more than 1000 images has 180 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer sells a lot of products....like water features, lighting, stone veneer, brck, grills, etc. And all of those categories have many, many products to them. I cant even begin to know how many images are on my site. Which is why I had to buy a new laptop with 64gb of ram....I needed the speed to handle my monster of a site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I’d perform a „Save As…“ instead of a „Save“. Doing so, your file will be internally reorganised and optimised.

Second, I’d suggest to export your site onto your hard disk „File/Export as HTML“ and have a look at the size of the exported images in the „images“ folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do that, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also recommend to reduce the amount of breakpoints on masters and pages as much as possible.

But, without seeing a file/link to a site this is just guessing without knowing.

Recently I saw many files, which had unnecessary breakpoints on their master pages which increases the data a lot.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....I know that's part of the problem. Because of the vast amount of pages I have in the site which all have breakpoints, it's contributing to the large file size. Everthing  started to run very slow as soon as I added breakpoints...another reason why I had to purchase a new laptop with 64gb of ram.  I'll take a look at reducing the amount of them though. Thank you, Uwe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You´re welcome.

Be aware, that breakpoints are only necessary when your design starts to "break".

Be also aware that there´s no breakpoint necessary at 320 (the same as above-recently saw a lot of sites with breakpoint at 320)

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know that about the 320 breakpoint. Why is it not necessary?  What's the lowest breakpoint that you recommend?  Thank you, Uwe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not necessary because there´s no smaller device. Breakpoints are responsible towards smaller screen sizes.

What you need is 320 px as the "Minimum Width".

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/the+scottie  schrieb

I didn't know that about the 320 breakpoint. Why is it not necessary?  What's the lowest breakpoint that you recommend?  Thank you, Uwe!

There´s no smallest breakpoint to recommend. Mobile devices are told to start from 768 but with fluid responsive sites there´s no rule like this anymore. It really depends on your design and when it starts to fail and therefor needs an additional breakpoint.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've established 320 px as the minimum width. I have approximately 1370 pages (it is a catalogue of writings / journal / photos / etc. etc. etc.) which, prior to the most recent update a couple of weeks ago uploaded within four hours maximum. Now, I am halfway through the upload and I am going on 28 hours. What gives? I have not changed "breakpoints" or not altered anything else, except added text to two -- *two* -- new pages and added two pdf files to that same page. I am so confused and frustrated. Any advice? Thanks. --LJD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1370 pages! Only the brave will survive . Which version of muse do you use?

Keep with the "old" version as long as possible.

There are two different ways to "Upload to FTP". Upload everything / Upload changes.

Which one did you use so far?

Try the other one.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines