• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading site

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the application crashes when I go to upload to ftp host. it gets to 18 percent and the application is just gone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Muse?

Which operating system?

Have you tried disconnecting from the Internet BEFORE you open Muse?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue! If this is going to become a problem do they have anything that helps transfer everything we have created over to the supported programs they say XD replaces muse but i dont get it lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no viable way to export Muse data to a different application. Especially Adobe XD is an application with completely different intentions and in no way a replacement of Muse. You can't build websites in XD.

The only way to re-use Muse data, is trying to import the exported HTML data into a coding apps like Dreamweaver. The success depends on the complexity of the Muse data. But generally this kind of procedure isn't recommendable, because Muse code follows different goals and implications compared to manually created code.

So, generally, it isn't really possible to use Muse data without Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats nice how they leave people hanging like that and dont create a new program to actually take its place without complexity. }(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD doesn't generate usable code. It's strictly a click, drag & drop prototyping tool for UI/UX designers.  So anything you create in XD must be handed off to skilled programmers.

For online web presentations, Adobe Spark and Adobe Portfolio are included in your paid Creative Cloud Plan.  No web hosting or coding skills needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is a plugin "export to html" or something similar, which you find, when you search inside the plugins for XD. This does a pretty good job to just simply html with no fnacy stuff like animations, though. You may use a codeeditor  (Dw, Pinegrow or any other code editor)with these exported html anf finalize your website.

PG was able to handle the code quite well and learning is included, nice isn`t it?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But there is a plugin "export to html" or something similar..."

If you've ever used XD with any of the plugins that allegedly export to HTML, I don't need to tell you that the code is incomplete and unfit for use in production.  At best the plugin generated code is a place to start re-coding manually.  And at worst, it's a waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Better than nothing - otherwise XD is useless for small business designers - it might be wrong (philosophiocal), talking about business and small but when the designer "needs the first 10.000 (currency of your choice) to 4.000 or less maybe and the the coder needs the same amount again, most clients struggle and choose either somebody cheaper (which is not always better) or uses wix or similar.

Second: as "Musers" (and some other non coders) we are used to bloaded code so we do not worry …

Third: so far PG had no issues (except that fancy animation stuff), showing XD-exported html in a way that let´s me at least see some results, let me learn something and puts me in a state to ask question to communities, might be Dw-PG-any other).

Fourth: there are quite some apps, to purchase, which provide the transfer between XD and code, of course I do not have a clue right now, which one might be the best.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. As I looked through the literature and info online, there are some fonts that no longer work with Muse as they once did. Little by little I removed fonts until the file uploaded completely and I knew which font it was. It's been a month or two, so I'm sorry I don't remember which one it was, but there's an entry in an Adobe blog somewhere that lists a small number of fonts that cause trouble in Muse now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines