• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading to FTP (GoDaddy) error

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am taking over the task of updating our website that someone else created in Muse. I'm new to this so please bear with me. The creator has sent me the Muse file and I have all of the GoDaddy login info that our site is currently hosted on. When I go to "upload to FTP host" and enter "public_html"  for the Folder on Server field I am getting an error saying "folder doesn't exist, Do you want to create it?". But the folder does exist...Not sure what steps to take here and I'm just nervous to mess up the live site. I have also tried leaving that field blank and I get the same error. Should I choose to ignore? Also wondering if since I have not uploaded from my computer before do I need to choose "all files" over "modified only files"? Or will it know the modified only files to upload? Thanks so much for any help with this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Thank you. Getting in touch with them helped. Turned out I was just entering in the wrong credentials. doh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MandymG,

In this case, you need to get in touch with GoDaddy support and ask them to check if your permissions are set correctly!

Also, check the correct name of a file on the server.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Getting in touch with them helped. Turned out I was just entering in the wrong credentials. doh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not write the name of the folder

because, the ftp usename and password are pointed to "public_html" folder by default.

so if you type it again it will look for a folder called "public_html" inside of "public_html"

If you keep it blank on the ftp upload dialogue box, it should work fine (ignore further alerts)

Toufic Nabi

Screenshot 2017-10-16 00.59.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you call GoDaddy support be sure to have the account name or number and the security "pin number". With the pin number you have passed security they will answer your questions.

The folder you are looking for is probably inside another folder, tech support can see its location and tell you were it is. Or show you how you can view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I messed up and wrote in this folder. Now when I go back to try again, this time leaving the server folder blank, I get the error "Folder does not appear to point to site ____" How do I correct my mistake? Did I create folders in the GoDaddy hosting panel and it is confused as to what public_htm folder it needs to go into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the the message "this folder does not appear" comes up, just click ignore or continue and the files will be uploaded to the public_html don't worry.

let me know if you have further problem.

Many Thanks

Toufic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately it fails to upload. I think by me messing up the first time it now tries to point to the wrong folder on the server... possibly one that I accidentally created. If I leave it blank, it gives me an error.

I‘m also wondering if the credentials are wrong and the GoDaddy tech support will have to fix that so it goes to the public_html folder. If that doesn’t work, I’m going to try creating a new FTP Account and have the root folder be set up to go to public_html folder. I hope something works. This is for a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines