• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT HELP: javaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have built a website with Muse.

It has been working well for the last month or so.

Have been updating it once in every 3 days.

I export the website as an HTML and use the AWS S3 for hosting.

After making a few changes today and adding a couple of inbuilt widgets like the "Simple Form" & "Thumbnail Slideshow."

I am receiving the error "javaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules."

Please help me the website is live and the changes & additions are urgent.

I am a designer & using Muse for the first time.

Regards,

Nikhil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Hi Guys,

Thank you so muc for the help.

Tried troubleshooting the site.
For some strange reason my inbuilt horizontal menu that i had been using for a while now, was causing this issue.Had to then remove it and create the menu manully.

I really feel, that Adobe Muse is not that finished a product and nit ready for commercial use at the moment.

There are way to many unnecessary bugs and random issues that pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i also came across this issue today as well. I did realize that this was only happening when i open page from the exported files. Once you upload it to your hosting i didn't get that error any more.

weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remove one form as a test

does the issue go away?

yes = post the site to Adobe bc (with the form) and test if the error happens there as well?

no = contact your host service and ask them to look at your settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to muse and to the coding bit of websites, therefore please pardon me if i do not understand any of your suggestions.

I have already published the website with Adobe BC, it works perfectly well.

This issue only occurs when i export the website as an HTML. This was working perfectly well till Friday.

I havent uploaded this website on to my server and checked, as the website is already live.

Also could you please elaborate on "remove one form as a test."

Regards,

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a contact form on your site, try removing it, and then test it by uploading it to businesscatalyst. I think that is what was meant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restored a backup to our school site sturtstcs.sa.edu.au and still having the same problem.

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules.

We cannot use the IBE at all, although noticed that the phone pages can be modified.

There has been only text changes over the past few months to the site only via IBE nothing changed in the pages themselves via Muse.

What can be done to rectify this issue?

Could this be that because of a JavaScript update that the IBE now does not work as it did.

We have a Windows 7/ 10 platforms, use to work like a charm on Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am an amateur to Muse.

But I think one of the widgets that you must have used might be causing this issue.

Previously the widgets might have worked properly, but somehow they must have gotten corrupted.

The same issue happened with me too.

For the first 2 months the site was perfectly exporting, one sudden day after making a few changes I had this error.

I would suggest, just delete each widget one by one and then priview the website in the browser.

Start with the menu widget, if you have one. In my case the menu widget was the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Thank you so muc for the help.

Tried troubleshooting the site.
For some strange reason my inbuilt horizontal menu that i had been using for a while now, was causing this issue.Had to then remove it and create the menu manully.

I really feel, that Adobe Muse is not that finished a product and nit ready for commercial use at the moment.

There are way to many unnecessary bugs and random issues that pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After making a few changes today and adding a couple of inbuilt widgets like the "Simple Form" & "Thumbnail Slideshow."

I am receiving the error "javaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules."

To be sure:

1) Do you get this error when adding a widget inside design mod in the Muse?

2) Is Windows your operating system?

If the answer to both questions is "Yes", just update the Internet Explorer to version 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for responding.

It is Windows 7 & 10 this is happening, it works with no issues on a MacBook Pro, I can edit and update and view and publish with no problems, this is happening only on a Windows environment at the school, where only a few days ago it was working fine.

I have done no mods or inserted widgets.

As mentioned when this happened we restored from backup when it was last working correctly and did not make any difference.

The browser is on the latest update of V11.

I hope that helps to resolve an answer.

Thank you.

Regards

Chris H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Chris. For you, I think the only solution can be if you provide the detailed characteristics of the machine on which the error occurs and the project file muse in Adobe support (for clarity - I'm not an Adobe support worker).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you rename the index.html file to any other file name so index2.html, the web page loads fine

no idea why!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason must be, that before you uploaded the site to the hosting, you did not remove the standard stub, which has the same name index.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no other file called index where it was exported from Muse. If I rename to index2 it works but as soon as it is renamed index, it fails to load and displays the error.

Never used to do this, is a very recent problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solves my problem too. Don't know what happens with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Do you have any news regarding this issue? When it could be solbved?
I have the issue not with Chrom only, but with Opera as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try firfox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm having the same problem, I have a deadline to publish the site next week and having different problems, Chrome Displays the ''Stylesheet error'', Internet Explorer does not show images and the menu lost the ability to drop down.

I'm having also a problems when I export the site as HTML and open any of the files in Dreamweaver, the file appears in blank when in Live view, and in Design view just looks distorted, if I try to preview the file from Dreamweaver in any of the browsers come up with a plain text site, no CSS no Images nothing just the text in a blank page.

The only one that looks to be working fine is Firefox.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I cannot update my site until I know the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with chrome but it works on firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem as of today. Have updated our site tens of times with no issues. Today same message as posted with failure on multiple browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, I have been a Muse user for years with no issues but hit this one today as you all did. Posted an update and site went blank. I was on the line with Adobe chat and the issue resolved itself with no changes to my site at all other than upload and replace files. Although I did that many times over the course of the morning with zero success. My site with forms and no changes is running fine now. Perhaps check yours again. In short: The issue disappeared eight hours after it appeared with no change. Curious, but the same error messages you all got. Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Doug I tried removing the one form I have on my site but still ran into the error. I will give the menu option a try tonight, but don’t understand why it would suddenly have an issue. I tried renaming my index page but it did not work.

Also, not sure why browser matters in this case. We are not doing the work in a browser, just testing. And we can’t control what browsers the end user is in, so it needs to work in all browsers.’

Could definitely use some attention from Adobe on this one since it is affecting site we have already created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe. I’m so sorry but I really can’t imagine what else should happen to motivate You to solve the issue? Nearly two months passed since first report about the problem, but the issue is still here. Is it normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, was this happening to your live site? And was that site  a BC hosted site? for me it was happening when I exported html, I have Not uploaded the new files since they have the error and my live site does not have any issues. My site is not hosted by BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines