• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT HELP: javaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have built a website with Muse.

It has been working well for the last month or so.

Have been updating it once in every 3 days.

I export the website as an HTML and use the AWS S3 for hosting.

After making a few changes today and adding a couple of inbuilt widgets like the "Simple Form" & "Thumbnail Slideshow."

I am receiving the error "javaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules."

Please help me the website is live and the changes & additions are urgent.

I am a designer & using Muse for the first time.

Regards,

Nikhil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Hi Guys,

Thank you so muc for the help.

Tried troubleshooting the site.
For some strange reason my inbuilt horizontal menu that i had been using for a while now, was causing this issue.Had to then remove it and create the menu manully.

I really feel, that Adobe Muse is not that finished a product and nit ready for commercial use at the moment.

There are way to many unnecessary bugs and random issues that pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here was my day and triage.

My site is hosted at GoDaddy, and it happened this AM when I updated directly through the mUse interface which is how I always upload changes. Went through a ton of attempted fixes.

1.Upload modified files (fail) No site at all. Blank page.

2. Upload entire site to replace (fail)

3. try to replace entire site again (fail)

4. Next wondered if Muse the program needed to be restarted (fail)

5. Uninstall Muse and reinstall on the off-chance my preferences were shot (fail)

6. Export as HTML to see what happened thinking maybe it was a linking issue between Muse and Host (JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules)

7. Now I knew I had a problem at the file level (or thought so) When I ran preview in browser I got this: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'rules' property from 'CSSStyleSheet': Cannot access rules."

8. Went to Adobe Forum noticed others with the same problem tried removing widgets as suggested (no go)

9. Went to GoDaddy and tried to restore to old version while simultaneously performing step 10 below.

10. Got online with Adobe Chat to sound the alarm. Have long conversation w/ help and boom, he says he can see the site. I say "what?" I clear my cache and it's up an running no issues on all browsers.

hope this helps. I'm a bit nervous to update again and never have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky for me I didn't update my site, I only exported the html and saw the error message, so my old site is still up. That said, I really do need to need to get the update posted. Hopefully someone from Adobe chimes in soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone still looking for a solution to this, the most recent seems to have fixed it for me. Ill move my site to a non Adobe product when I get a chance since they are ending Muse and I dont want to waste my time learning another Adobe product they could close, but its a good temporary solution until I have time to rebuild this site somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines