• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a form in Muse and changing tab order? Is it even possible?

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to set up a form in Muse using the standard widget. I can add fields, but when I move them around and test them my cursor seems to move around randomly. Then I figured out it was going to the tab order in which I added the fields. How do I fix this? I've searched the web and there seems to be no fix for this.

Do I have to start from scratch and add tabs in the order I want to use them.????

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

just use the detailed form widget... I assume zipcode is American for postcode

example test form with .muse file

Screenshot (866).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey charlesh,

If I understand correctly you are trying to reposition a field of our form at any specific position, but unable to do as as it is blocking you from doing this, right?

However, I am pretty sure you are trying to set something out side its bonds, can you please give any visual reference of what exactly you are trying to achieve?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

No that is not what I’m trying to do…

I have a form already set up. However I need to add additional fields. I don’t want to go in and create a brand new form from scratch. What seems to be happening is when I create a new field and place it where it needs to be, I can’t get the cursor to go to that field next. It seems the tab order is the same as the order the fields were created.

For example if I have fields set up like this.

1) First name

2) last name

3) Address

4) City

5) Zip code

6)Email

But then I need to add an additional field… Like this…

1) First name

2) last name

3) Address

4) City

5) State

6) Zip code

7)Email

The order the computer jumps to the fields is 1,2,3,4,6,7,5….

I’m trying to find a way to fix this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just use the detailed form widget... I assume zipcode is American for postcode

example test form with .muse file

Screenshot (866).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the tab order is different question and not all form codes use a tab so no (in most standard senarios) you don't adjust the tab order

the default Muse form widget allows custom design + custom code {in that it adjusts the code to match your design layout} not that you can play with the tab order

example form; the radio button is one code i.e, clicking the first option unclicks the second

muse form.png

I can adjust the design to make the "tick box" sit between the 3 radio buttions because my design needs that BUT the top radio button option still remains part of the radio set and clicking on it 'un-selects' the other two radio buttons... this is a rule of HTML code and the way forms work so if you change that then your code will be ignored by browsers because your form doesn't follow the rules

muse form 2.png

Muse allows you to make a form but you must make them to the {html, internet} rules or they will not work... thats nothing Muse or Adobe can change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines