Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using subdomains to create multi-lingual website for better SEO

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been using muse for a while and like it very much.  I want to convert an existing website using Muse.  It is a bi-lingual website, in English and German.  I was planning on using my existing URL structure to seperate the two languages:   www.mydomain.com/en/page1.html and www.mydomain.com/ge/page2.html etc

But from what I have been reading today, it is not possible to create these URL structures with adobe muse.  (or is it with the latest edition of muse?)

So, the next option I could think of was to create subdomains.  For English I would just use the www.mydomain.com  and for the German one I would use ge.mydomain.com 

In order to do this, do I need to make two muse websites, one in English and one in German?

I would prefer to have only one muse website, so that I only have to work with one master and linking between the pages would be easier.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Yes, you need to maintain two sites or maintain the localization in Dreamweaver after publishing from Muse. And since you are so obsessed about SEO: The language and region identifier for German according to ISO is still "de", not "ge", so your subdomains and folders need to be labeled accordingly. You wouldn't want a German website to be listed under a foreign language on Google just because of a misnomer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you need to maintain two sites or maintain the localization in Dreamweaver after publishing from Muse. And since you are so obsessed about SEO: The language and region identifier for German according to ISO is still "de", not "ge", so your subdomains and folders need to be labeled accordingly. You wouldn't want a German website to be listed under a foreign language on Google just because of a misnomer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines