• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical positioning

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been doing my head in, but sometimes an object placed under a text box will move down as the text box gets taller (if the browser window gets smaller, for example) and sometimes the object placed under the text box doesn't. To make matters worse, I had an object respond perfectly to my text box during one break point, then position itself independently from the same text box in the very next break point.

I know that by "pinning" an object, I can have it ignore the text box above, but what do I do when it's already ignoring the text box above, and I want it to stop ignoring the text box above?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017
  1. I had a look at your page, but can’t find the page/breakpoint, where a text box doesn’t push down the elements below. Could you please describe?
  2. Don’t take pure guessing or assumptions as reality („its a bit backward and counter-intuitive“ – „bug“ – „unusual behaviour")! It does no matter, it an element is placed on master or layout page – growing text boxes act the same in every situation, as long as the object(s) below aren’t pinned.
  3. Since the issue, you are describing (but which I can’t see on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible for you to do a quick video capture of your issue and post it here so that we can quickly understand what's happening?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or give us a .muse file with ​only such a textbox and an object below​. Nothing more please. Try to follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, video capture, I don't have the software for it. A muse file with a textbox and object below with nothing more... this would defeat the point. I'm not creating a website with an object below and nothing more. I'm creating a website that has other things which interfere and cause issues. I'm trying to understand which thing is interfering, and where the issue came from.

I'll happily upload the full .muse file apon request, but the buggy page in question is here Tabletop Fiction Webcomics​. Notice that when you adjust the browser window, the text influences the content below sometimes, but it doesn't influence the content below other times.

My guess so far is that textboxes can only influence other objects below, if the master page does not have an object does not have an object that is below that textbox, but if the master page does not have an object below that textbox, it works fine.

It's a bit backwards and counter-intuitive that something on the master page should be able to impact things on the child pages in that way, but I'm only using the product, not making it.

Worst thing about that bug is Adobe can't patch it without creating a legacy Muse mode in the settings menu somewhere, that allows this unusual behaviour to go back to working that way, for people who have relied on it to work that way when they created their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. I had a look at your page, but can’t find the page/breakpoint, where a text box doesn’t push down the elements below. Could you please describe?
  2. Don’t take pure guessing or assumptions as reality („its a bit backward and counter-intuitive“ – „bug“ – „unusual behaviour")! It does no matter, it an element is placed on master or layout page – growing text boxes act the same in every situation, as long as the object(s) below aren’t pinned.
  3. Since the issue, you are describing (but which I can’t see on your page) may have different reasons, I asked to give us the .muse file(!), the link to your published site isn’t enough.
  4. To simplify analysing follow the steps here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652​ and – please – reduce your .muse file to only one page and only the elements involved in your issue, this saves much time for analysing the problem. But I already told this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines