Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video error

Engaged ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Would anyone be able to shed some light on how to fix the video error on this live site please?

It displays correctly on preview, I have reloaded the video to the widget (a Muse for you one) and uploaded to server again but no joy?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Hi All

Thanks for your help, for some reason the file didnt upload. I have copied it accross using Filezilla and its working fine now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dandybox,

We don't see a URL in your post, can you please share one?

Also if the widget is a third part then I must say there is hardly anything we can do about it.

The suggestion would be getting in touch with the widget developer, or try native Muse YouTube or Vimeo widget and see if that works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry I thought I had posted the link

ABOUT

I dont think its a widget issue as I have several others on the site. Seems to be an upload issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the file path to which your widget is sourcing the video.  

http://www.flairwindows.com/assets/profine-video.mp4

So either it's not on the server at that location,  or your server is not supporting MP4 MIME file types. 

On Linux hosting,  adding a few lines of code to the server's  .htaccess file  will usually take care of it. 

AddType audio/mp4 .mp4 .m4a

AddType audio/mpeg .mp1 .mp2 .mp3 .mpg .mpeg

AddType video/mp4 .mp4 .m4v

If you're on Windows hosting which doesn't have .htaccess files, contact your provider for details.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks but I dont think this is the issue as there are other videos on the site working just fine. I can only think there was some kind of corruption when I uploaded it. I will delete the video from that page and re-set it and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it cant be the case that its corrupted as its only on the mobile breakpoints that it wont play?? Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually ignore that comment!! Ha ha!! That was a previous issue!! This is a different video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also for self hosted vids its best to use the 'real' url i.e, the one you made first and not the redirrected domain name

its worth talking to your host about data transfer rates if the vid is more than 5 mins or you expect a lot of traffic as standard self hosting plans tend to be very slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry but I dont understand the url references? I used a widget and loaded the video file into that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All

Thanks for your help, for some reason the file didnt upload. I have copied it accross using Filezilla and its working fine now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines