Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video in a container

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for a way to put video in a full width container.

Please see my website to view my requirements www.penninewebsitedesigns.com

The video must not show controls and resize to fill the container.

At the moment, I am having to use a background video widget. However, the video stretches to full browser window height and I loose resolution.

I have tried several widgets but have not got anything working.

Thank you for any help.

Jamie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

With most of the video widgets they do not fill the container in the smaller breakpoints.

This is expected and correct behavior. On mobile devices, do not use a video background. Most widgets are specially designed so that the video does not work there. If the widget allows you to view the video background on small breakpoints - this means that its developer is not an experienced beginner. It is better to refuse such widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be only one advice - if you do not know how to work with the code, find the widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I have now found an old Musegrid widget that works.

With most of the video widgets they do not fill the container in the smaller breakpoints.

All working except on Safari!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expected and correct behavior. On mobile devices, do not use a video background. Most widgets are specially designed so that the video does not work there. If the widget allows you to view the video background on small breakpoints - this means that its developer is not an experienced beginner. It is better to refuse such widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines