Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video issues in mobile phone browser

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I publish my muse site, the autoplay videos (using the ultimate video 2.0 widget) are not playing on my mobile phone browser.

From what I have read online, mobile phones do NOT allow autoplay videos to stop unsolicited data usage. Is this correct?

What are my alternatives? I am looking into a responsive video widget but I would like to just have an autoplay video if possible.

Any suggestions very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Nathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to data transfer and it is all about the money, most mobiles do not allow auto play.

You should ask the inventor of your 3rd party widget.

Maybe they have a solution for you.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there no alternatives whatsoever, even with HTML coding or other widgets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even custom html coding cannot override the none playing of autoplay videos. Some mobiles will allow videos to be autoplayed if they are done as background videos, but in order to do that your site/page would have to be hand coded html, css with a little javascript, which would mean not using Muse, but a code editor such as Dreamweaver.

If you do use Dreamweaver, an extension developer called PVII, (project seven) do have an excellent Dw extension available that will help you achive this as a background video.

The really big drawback though is that, if a background video is used, without the required javascript code, there will be no user controls for the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines