• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vimeo link missing http when on live site

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the Vimeo social widget to add videos to my site. When I preview in a browser it works fine. When I upload the html to FTP for my live site a 404 page loads instead.

I asked my webhost to investigate why and they said the link to the vimeo in the code was missing the http: bit at the start, so this is what the code exported from Muse says:

data-src="//player.vimeo.com/video/240969686?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=FFFFFF&autoplay=1&loop=0&wmode=transparent"

but what it should say is:

data-src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/240969686?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=FFFFFF&autoplay=1&loop=0&wmode=transparent"

Why has the http: been stripped from the code when published to html?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

crewb63089540  wrote

it'd be good to know what Locutus is?

Locutus is an open PHP code that some people like for wordpress systems... this is the link PHP's stripslashes in JavaScript | Locutus if you want to learn more about the code your site is running.

I assume you grabbed this Muse-to-Wordpress template from some free download? anyway there is nothing wrong with Loctus (or Wordpress) as a code system for people that know their codes but it is different to Muse which is mostly Bootstrap based a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Could you please share the actual URL of your page so we can check the exact codes?

The strange thing is it's the same code which is exported to the FTP while in the preview.

Not sure how http:// got stripped from your site.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

It's Work - Beakus

Thanks for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck Ankush? Or anyone else have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Can you please point me to the widget? where exactly have you placed it?

I see some lightbox triggers which opens up, is that what you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is meant to be a grid of about 15 lightbox triggers (images with rollovers that when clicked open the video and some other written content).

I can send you a screenshot of the local version of that would help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see that. However, this doesn't look like a native Muse Vimeo widget?

Is it a third party?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is native. It's a lightbox composition inside which is a Vimeo social widget native from Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a sample file with me?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

The file is here: Adobe Creative Cloud

There is only the home page (no problem there) and then the page of Vimeo lightbox compositions.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the code used is Locutus not Muse... imo thats why it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ussnorway. Can you explain what that means? Is it not native Muse? I'm not sure why it isn't.. maybe I need to build from scratch again (nightmare!) but it'd be good to know what Locutus is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crewb63089540  wrote

it'd be good to know what Locutus is?

Locutus is an open PHP code that some people like for wordpress systems... this is the link PHP's stripslashes in JavaScript | Locutus if you want to learn more about the code your site is running.

I assume you grabbed this Muse-to-Wordpress template from some free download? anyway there is nothing wrong with Loctus (or Wordpress) as a code system for people that know their codes but it is different to Muse which is mostly Bootstrap based and I don't recommend it to non-coders unless you want to hire someone to do the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it is Muse-to-Wordpress (MWuse) but that was so I could include a blog page, I didn't expect it to affect non-blog pages too. I will contact MWuse to take this further. Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to send you some screenshots. The first is how it looks when previewed from Muse in a browser, with the Vimeo running fine.

Work.png

The one below is when I export HTML and run on my local WAMP server. (I'm not expert, so maybe it's WAMP that's at fault here, but it might give you a clue as to why the live site also doesn't work):

Beakus Animation Selects - Beakus.png

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines