Highlighted

W3C Validator Shows Errors On Blank Page With Blank Muse Widget

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been making muse widgets for a while and noticed recently, (well someone using one of the widgets brought this to my attention) that they were getting w3c errors when checking their site with widgets used.  I started testing this on my own and noticed after stripping away everything and starting with a new blank page I continue to receive these same errors.  Here is a link to the test page on w3c Showing results for http://muse.markraybin.com/testnet/ - Nu Html Checker . I only get these errors when including a widget.  This only happens on a newly published site.  It doesn't matter what doc type I select.  The errors are as follows.

2) Element headhtml not allowed as child of element body in this context.

code-->  <headHTML>  <me

4) Stray end tag head.

eadHTML> </head> <bod

5) Start tag body seen but an element of the same type was already open.

</head> <body>  <d

Any suggestions or is this a new muse thing and I just need to wait out an update?

Thanks,

~mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

W3C Validator Shows Errors On Blank Page With Blank Muse Widget

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been making muse widgets for a while and noticed recently, (well someone using one of the widgets brought this to my attention) that they were getting w3c errors when checking their site with widgets used.  I started testing this on my own and noticed after stripping away everything and starting with a new blank page I continue to receive these same errors.  Here is a link to the test page on w3c Showing results for http://muse.markraybin.com/testnet/ - Nu Html Checker . I only get these errors when including a widget.  This only happens on a newly published site.  It doesn't matter what doc type I select.  The errors are as follows.

2) Element headhtml not allowed as child of element body in this context.

code-->  <headHTML>  <me

4) Stray end tag head.

eadHTML> </head> <bod

5) Start tag body seen but an element of the same type was already open.

</head> <body>  <d

Any suggestions or is this a new muse thing and I just need to wait out an update?

Thanks,

~mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2018 0

Have something to add?