• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web and Typekit Fonts display with no spaces

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After embedding a Google search bar to one of the pages, this happened. It has nothing to do with the search bar, but just to clarify that nothing else happened. The font that rasterise display fine. I've checked the fonts and all settings are good. If I set the tracking up to around 14 they display better in Muse but horrible on the site. This happened on all the pages. Any idea to fix?

The actual site is at shieldlabs.co.za

SL before.png

SL after.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

When I opened the doc now everything was back to normal. So the issue haven’t been corrected, just hope it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks for your time anyway,.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please rephrase your issue? As I understand, all works fine, but when integrating a search bar, the fonts look broken.

As far as I can see, all the fonts (except the footer) are rasterised. You don’t use web fonts or standard fonts because they don’t display correctly. Do they display correctly without this search bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search bar isn’t the problem, even if removed the problem persist. Compare the two pictures. The top was before and the bottom was after whatever happened. The letters all move to one side on top of each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking about this tiny text „Secure Communication Solution Delivered“?

Which web font do you use in this case?

Could you isolate this sentence, place it into a newly created .muse document and share it with us via Dropbox or a similar service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, do you see the word Marketing on the first image? Now look for it on the second. Do you see Search Engine Optimisation on the first image? Now look for it on the second, along with all its friends. Like I said, all the letters are coming together on top of each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn’t change anything. Isolate one of these „sentences“, paste it into a new Muse document and share it with us. If possible, share the web font too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean it doesn’t change anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issue here at all!

I can use whatever web font (TypeKit, Edge) I have and all works fine. If you want me to test the font you are using, please share it with me or, if it is a free one, give us a download link.

The problems you have seem to be caused by using system fonts, which have to be conveerted to an image during output. The reason for this I described in my answer 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter,

The fonts causing the problem are different fonts so its not one specific font having issues.

The system fonts on the site is indeed those that do not have issues since they are converted to images (rasterized). It's the web and typekit fonts that don’t rasterize that cause the issue. Secondly, this is the case in Muse while I'm working on it, not only on html.

Please confirm that you are seeing the problem where the word 'MARKETING' is all bunched up into one letter space.

Did you open the .muse I uploaded and checked the table?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zakcronje  schrieb

Did you open the .muse I uploaded and checked the table?

Of course I checked your file! Do you think, i am only guessing?

Please give me the name of a TypeKit or Edge font, which, doesn’t work on your side. I tried dozens with your test layout and encountered no problem at all.

zakcronje  schrieb

Please confirm that you are seeing the problem where the word 'MARKETING' is all bunched up into one letter space.

Neither the link (shieldlabs.co.za), nor your test file contains the word „marketing“ in the upper right corner, so I can’t confirm anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Gunter, then you CAN confirm. Please look at the images I uploaded. The top image shows "Marketing", the bottom image shows where the word has been crumpled up into something where all the letters are on the same space. I don't know what else to say to make you understand. The word is in one place and was fine, afterwards the word now have no spacing between letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really hard to communicate with you!

Again:

1. This word („Marketing“ in the upper right corner) isn’t present in the .muse file you provided. So I can’t check it.
  2. If I open your internet link (www.shieldlabs.co.za), this element is lacking too.
  3. Plaes tell me the name of a TypeKit font, which behaves as wrong as you are telling us. This is the only way, to check your issue. As I already told: I can’t reproduce your issue, when test it with several TypeKit font using your .muse file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .muse I provided contain the same issue with the following words, but I will create a new .muse to simply illustrate the one word Marketing.

Search Engine Optimisation

Web Interaction Analytics

Responsive web design

Search engine indexing

Search Phrase Registration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know! But I can’t confirm problems with an element, which isn’t present!

The very last time:

I can’t reproduce your issue!

Please give me the name of a TypeKit font!

This is my very last attempt to help fixing the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gunter, but for the very last time, if you couldn’t even see the difference in the first pics I uploaded, you wouldn’t have been able to help without understanding the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t understand anything. I saw the issue in you images, but I didn’t see it neither in internet link nor in your .muse file.

But think what you want and be lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened the doc now everything was back to normal. So the issue haven’t been corrected, just hope it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks for your time anyway,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SL before 2.pngSL after 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have nothing else to do, than asking the same questions over and over again. Thank you for entertaining me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to clear this up a last time since I really want you to see the issue that was there, say for future reference.

You do not see the word marketing because of the actual issue. Observing the pictures, you will see that the word was there, and then in it's place is just a black mark. Though this isn’t subject to that word alone. The .muse I uploaded contained a whole set of different words with the same issue and I would have used that as an example if I knew you would only focus on that solitary word.

Let's take the pictures for example. In 'SL before' it clearly shows '1' which changes to '1.1'

1. 1.jpg

1.11.1.jpg.

The column in the .muse file was '2' and became '2.1'.

22.jpg

2.12.1.jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is and was completely clear. Yes, it is there in your screenshot. But it wasn’t existent in your link and, above all, in the .muse file, which you provided. You wanted me to confirm, that the word „marketing“ was scrambled. How should I confirm, when it wasn‘t present in your .muse file?

But all this is of no significance at all, because we can see the issue in other text elements of your screenshot. The main problem was, that you .muse file didn‘t use the web fonts, which, as you told us, evoked the issue, but system fonts, which will be converted to images. And so did your linked web site.

Consequence: You made it impossible for us to examine and fix your issue. Although I ask you 3 times to tell us, which web font you used, you didn‘t tell us.

By the way: Restarting the computer and the „misbehaving“ application is always the first step to nail an issue. No forum needed for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be careful to see myself as the complete force behind this forum if I were you. To be honest I hoped for someone with some English language savvy to help me after you clearly didn’t understand or didn’t articulate correctly. Using "us" all the time is a ridiculous attempt to exempt you as an individual who couldn’t communicate correctly and didn’t supply correct information to fix a problem.

By the way: The OS on which it runs is on a VM and got restarted multiple times during. In my experience, only idiots make claims they that they have no knowledge of, at first I didn’t think that of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first and only .muse I get this screenshot: Only one element, an accordion, no MARKETING, nothing to help. So this is no language skill issue at all. This may not help anymore, but may or may not clarify the issue. The user.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-31 um 09.50.14.png

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Throughout the whole discussion, the word Marketing was an EXAMPLE. It happened to most text on the site including the accordion, thus including that in the .muse.

By your screenshot I gather that it displays correctly at your side which is odd since after I uploaded the html, I checked it on the Win 10 box, Linux, and Android phone and all displayed the same issue with the font. Anyway, its gone now and I will check back if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines