• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web fonts not displaying in published site (Muse 2017)

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just upgraded tp Muse 2017 and all of my web fonts have stopped working in the published site I am working on. They still work and display and link properly in Muse Design. But they display the wrong font when in Muse Preview. And any published version displays yet another typeface. See image below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The Typekit team has fixed the issue. Could you please check now (refresh the page if you have it open)? Please let me know if you continue to see the issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info:

I tried the same "Bistro" typeface in a new document in 2017. It previewed in Muse and in a browser just fine. (I didn't check a full publishing, but that should be fine as well.)

So the question is how to get EXISTING projects to work. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue. I have a website I manage (www.stdavidsplayers.co.uk) and for all titles and most text, the future font family should be working. It worked perfectly before changes made to the site in 2016, but now, since going to 2017 (which is taking several attempts to load correctly without getting a generic error and crashing), I might add!) everything has reverted to Helvetica (on Mac). Within MUSE, everything is appearing correctly, but in web browsers, the default font is showing (have tried in Chrome, Safari and Firefox).

This is my livelihood!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you publish to a temporary Adobe Business Catalyst site (see Publish Adobe Muse websites to Business Catalyst) and post the URL here?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have published it. I have whittled down the entire site to some text that is not rendering correctly once published:

http://lancetypetest.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

This is what it should look like, and does in Design mode:

At this point, the Muse internal Preview mode is rendering it to look like the published version.

Your help is appreciated. I have a project due today (of course! and should not have upgraded. But assumed I could always downgrade. Alas, that opeion is no longer provided.

Best,

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with fonts today, too. Yesterday everything was fine. Now, my fonts are synched on Typekit, they show up fine in Muse on my computer. But when I preview in Safari, Chrome or Firefox and when I upload the page online to try and check, the fonts are not showing up.

I did upgrade to Muse 2017 but this problem was occurring this morning before I saw the upgrade. I thought maybe upgrading would help. It didn't.

Computer: iMac OSX 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Typekit team is actively investigating. I'll post updates here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Muse 2018 yesterday and am now experience this issue. Are there any updates to the problem based on this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running into the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues with certain typekit fonts in elements on an existing site (Caliban Std, Brandon Grotesque and perhaps others): http://myprime.life

The fonts broke on their own without publishing changes or updating Muse. I have troubleshooted on both Windows and MacOS

Changing the font, unchecking and re-adding the font doesn't fix the issue.

Here's what they should look like:

mailing list.jpegdirector.jpegwebinar schedule.jpeg

come see us.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Typekit team has fixed the issue. Could you please check now (refresh the page if you have it open)? Please let me know if you continue to see the issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be working. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think it's been fixed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, my site is still showing the wrong fonts. Should be showing Futura family, but is instead showing Helvetica. (www.stdavidsplayers.co.uk)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said that I had to re-export my site to get it to work properly. Try it and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, try reloading a couple of times or flushing a cache, in case you had uploaded a non-working version earlier.

I just noticed a sub page that had incorrect text, and a reload fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it back that it isn't working. I shut down my computer, re-opened files in Muse. Re-published files. Uploaded new files.

It works!!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not fixed. I have tried to reload, flush cache, changed webfont for another font. - Still no change. Webfonts are not being displayed.
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete: please post your site's URL.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope

www.whispersgallery.nz/hope is the draft site

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete,

The Typekit kit is currently configured for www.hopevineyard.nz, not www.whispersgallery.nz. Please add it to the Site URL(s) field in the FTP dialog and upload again. Multiple, comma-separated entries are allowed; for example: www.hopevineyard.nz, www.whispersgallery.nz

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great

Many thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is NOT fixed.
My webonts are not showing.
Can you please re investigate or suggest a solution?

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, all fonts seem find on design mode but when I preview and publish site my fonts are not generating. Anything help?

a-wproject.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a same problems.....

My website shows not right Font...

And also, during i working on Muse in Preview mode, all Fonts are not showing.. just it shows as Basic Fonts ..

But 2 weeks ago, when i published my website, it was no problems..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines