• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web fonts not displaying in published site (Muse 2017)

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just upgraded tp Muse 2017 and all of my web fonts have stopped working in the published site I am working on. They still work and display and link properly in Muse Design. But they display the wrong font when in Muse Preview. And any published version displays yet another typeface. See image below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

The Typekit team has fixed the issue. Could you please check now (refresh the page if you have it open)? Please let me know if you continue to see the issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I think I'll stick with the typekit font I've used.

Although I'll check on Fontsquirrell and see what they have that's similar.

Thanks again.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed Muse 2018, and the issue I'm having is the font I'm using (PT sans from fontsquirrel) is working fine on my computer when I preview and when I export the site as HTML and view it in my browser from my local hard drive. But when I upload it to the web server, the computer is defaulting to Times New Roman. I'm having Muse export to a folder I set up specifically to export my website to, and I am simply uploading that to my web server. It sounds like the browner isn't detecting the font. Does anyone know what might be going on to cause this to happen?

Thank you,

Yamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How exactly did you install the font?
  • Why don’t you use Muse’s „Publish“ command to export your site to the server?
  • Did you try to publish your site as a free temporary site to Businesscatalyst using the „Publish“ button top right in Muse’s application window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the font from Fontsquirrel. It is a font that had the webkit download button associated with it when I discovered it at home the day before, but for some reason when I got to work the following day, I couldn't get the webkit button to show up. So I downloaded the font and the went to a separate website to have a webkit generated. I then installed the webkit font on my computer and imported the font into Muse. Everything displays fine on my local drive when I exported it, but when I uploaded it, the font no longer displayed correctly.

The company I work for has a stage site where we post for testing, but I wasn't sure how to upload there using Muse's Publish function and was a little concerned whether or not I'd have the ability to choose how I'd want to map images and scripts? We have specific folders for images, includes, CSS files, scripts, etc.

I just tried uploading the page to Businesscatalyst and it looks perfectly fine there.

I forgot to mention I am new to Muse, so not sure if I'm having expectations that may be beyond the scope of this program.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Publishing in Muse, definitely requires the Muse output files, placed in the structure, Muse produces. Everything else won’t work.

But back to topic:

• Which font files where in your „webkit“?
  • Did you install the .ttf in your system and the .woff, .svg and .eot in Muses web font dialog?
  • Are you sure, you used the .ttf which is delivered with your web font or is there another, identically named font in your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines