• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web page sometimes displays X X X X X X X X X at bottom when showing in a browser

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've built a website, which can be viewed at the following link HOME

Sometimes when viewing pages in a browser (Chrome/Safari/Firefox) it displays X X X X X X X X X at the very bottom and doesn't load everything on the page. Does anyone know why? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

your timber code is blocked in some places under the new laws

also the svg icons are placed wrong... you used copy | paste and that makes the image called paste i.e, http://tomlinson.itg.uk.com/test2/images/pasted-svg-39301x39.svg which many browsers (and non-Windows servers) don't like

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to reproduce your issue, could you provide a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go...  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 16.48.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to reproduce it once(!) This is a row of small icons, named „cross.jpg“.

Could you check, if these assets appear in your „Assets“ panel? If yes, right click onto of them and choose „Go to Asset" to find it in your layout.

Perhaps this gives any insights.

I assume, that these „x" images are part of one of the countless 3rd party widgets on your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your timber code is blocked in some places under the new laws

also the svg icons are placed wrong... you used copy | paste and that makes the image called paste i.e, http://tomlinson.itg.uk.com/test2/images/pasted-svg-39301x39.svg which many browsers (and non-Windows servers) don't like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a JavaScript exception error on page load and could not see the page in Firefox.  

When I viewed the source code, I saw a critical error on line 811 denoting a forbidden code point  preceding Skirting board.   See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines