• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WEBP image format Support in Adobe Muse ?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to use images in webp format to reduce the weight of the website and accelerate its load

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

I think, you should give it a try.

BUT, I found that webp-format will be more likely a problem for browsers as it is supported from Chrome (good, that they support their own format, though ) and Opera

Found this on a "t3n" website in German:

Damit wird das Format perspektivisch immer interessanter. Das war allerdings zum Zeitpunkt der Erstvorstellung noch nicht so. Insofern arbeitet die Zeit für Webp. Dennoch muss man festhalten, dass Microsoft, Mozilla und Apple Webp derzeit nicht unterstützen. Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you should give it a try.

BUT, I found that webp-format will be more likely a problem for browsers as it is supported from Chrome (good, that they support their own format, though ) and Opera

Found this on a "t3n" website in German:

Damit wird das Format perspektivisch immer interessanter. Das war allerdings zum Zeitpunkt der Erstvorstellung noch nicht so. Insofern arbeitet die Zeit für Webp. Dennoch muss man festhalten, dass Microsoft, Mozilla und Apple Webp derzeit nicht unterstützen. Mozilla und Apple sollen allerdings bereits ernsthafte Tests und Experimente durchführen. Es wäre also gut möglich, dass am Ende nur wieder Microsoft zurückbleibt. Das sind Webentwickler ja seit gut 20 Jahren gewöhnt.

Continuing reading also shows, that you should not work with muse, if you want to use webp, because for other browsers than Chrome and Opera you should provide different picture formats – jpg.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I arrive to the same conclusion.

Anyway, it should be noted that sooner or later this format will be used in a generalized way.

The weight of a website can be much more optimal using this format.

Maybe the Adobe Muse development team could include support for that format before it's popular. Even adding a method to include this type of images and considering that now only Chrome, Opera and soon Firefox will support it,  include in Muse a simple automatic conversion to JPEG or PNG for those browsers that do not yet support it

Thank you very much for your help in this matter. I greatly appreciate it.

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if muse denies webp. Did you try? I really think it is more likely a problem for browsers out there.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no support. Grrr...

Well, only wait & pray

Txs

El 6 sept. 2017 16:43, "fotoroeder" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escribió:

WEBP image format Support in Adobe Muse ? created by fotoroeder

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/fotoroeder> in *Help with using Adobe

Muse CC* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9810853#9810853>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines