• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webpage loads at the bottom on mobile devices

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with my single page website loading at the bottom of the page on mobile devices.  I suspect it has something to do with the breakpoints since the desktop loads fine until you resize the desktop browser window and then it too jumps to the bottom of the page.  I'm really not sure what's going on.  If anyone has encountered this issue and found a fix, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

It behaves similar to a Nabble free blog (unpaid version) whenever you embed html from any of this 3rd part services it will automatically jump to the beginning of that embedded element regardless of what you do in the Muse project page above it. If you didn't used any embedded services from a 3rd party then I cannot test it for the same reasons

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would ne much easier for us, if we have a link to look at.

Or maybe at least a screenshot? Otherwise a lot of time for guessing, thinking  into the worldwideweb.

Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about that.  Here is the link to the site 2017 First American Title Orlando Agency Seminar copy

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason the page  jumps to an anchor, positioned near the bottom of the page.

I can’t test why, or better I don’t want to, because your site wants access to the keychain of my computer!

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Not sure why it would ask to access your keychain.  I don't know why it would be jumping to the bottom anchor first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it would ask to access your keychain.

so it can track you.

site works ok on my desktop FF here in Australia... I assume you are on top of it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the desktop version seems to work properly as long as you don't resize the browser window to a narrow view. I'm having the issue with the mobile version that jumps to the bottom of the page when it loads, both on the phone and tablet.  I just don't know why its loading the bottom anchor first, if that's whats causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It behaves similar to a Nabble free blog (unpaid version) whenever you embed html from any of this 3rd part services it will automatically jump to the beginning of that embedded element regardless of what you do in the Muse project page above it. If you didn't used any embedded services from a 3rd party then I cannot test it for the same reasons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Urbansaol.  I had a embedded html from MachForms and that was causing the mobile sites to load at the beginning of the forms. I removed the embedded html and now it loads properly.  Now I just need to figure out how to make the form since the Forms widgets won't allow the email to send since the site is being hosted on a separate server than the email hosting... any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree with Günter Heißenbüttel ,​ however it will be something to consider if the url the emails are originating from one domain and the url that the emails from another domain can (and will) create discrepancies, not very well taken by world wide servers spam killers such as spamhaus and spamassasin thus spiking your spam score with the end result of your emails marked as spam and being blacklisted at the end (unable to fix). That is if I understood correct. Günter Heißenbüttel

But if your site is hosted in, say, server "A" and your emails are hosted on server 'B" (just different hosting companies) they are still handled by the same domain e.g. your clientemail@yourclientwebsite.com then it should be ok. Muse will only give you a warning with emails sent from a different domain termination regardless if you host on BC or not. It is a common "problem" when designing for my customers since I display a live website on my subdomains with the forms configured with the correspondent domain (just to avoid changing all the call to action buttons and forms or miss one form back to that of my client's domain name at the end of the project) e.g. email sent from info@mywebsite.com and delivered to your inbox as info@MYCLIENTWEBSITE.COM

Such practice is harmless if done for testing purposes but highly unwise to implement in permanent published sites due to the spam score issue.

If any of the above does not apply to your project then you have to be a bit more specific as to "Forms widgets won't allow the email to send since the site is being hosted on a separate server than the email hosting" part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction

"that the emails from another domain"

that the emails are generating from.

from info@mywebsite.com and delivered to your inbox as info@MYCLIENTWEBSITE.COM

from www.mywebsite.com and delivered to your inbox as info@MYCLIENTWEBSITE.COM

Sorry for the mistakes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks everyone.  I think its fixed now.  The embedded JavaScript code from MachForms didn't play nice with Muse.  I ended up using the iframe code instead.  I didn't realize it generated other code options... It seems to have fixed the issue.

Again, much appreciated from everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use jotform: https://www.jotform.com. This service works seamlessly with Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines