• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website issue with header element in Master Page.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having an issue on smaller desktop only breakpoints say 1366 resolution. My logo in the center of the header which is hyperlinked to the home page gets cut off like the below picture.

WEBSITE ISSUE.jpg

The below picture is a screen shot of my master page work space with the .png in question about getting cut off. The link to the website is www.downtownsp.net if you want to try it out for yourself and see the problem live.

WEBSITE ISSUE 2.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated as this is my first web design project for my full time employer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

You should not use system fonts in your menu. It behaves like an image in this case. Images scale differently than text.

This leads to unintended scaling.

Your menu buttons had a colour fill, that´s why this overlapping happens to your header elements.

I changed some settings and show, how it could be done. I recommend to use breakpoints, especially on master pages, only if the design needs one. Of course you have to change the font to your needs but use a webfont, please. I used BEBAS NEUE.

Dropbox - CHANGED HEADER FILE.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange..

Pin your logo to the top center and remove responsive width and height, set that to none.

give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck on that fix unfortunately. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is overlapping your header elements.

I guess the fluid design is set very strange as all elements behave differently and content is not responsive at the moment:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-16 um 21.07.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-16 um 21.08.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​ I have moved the logo to the very front of the top most layer so nothing can be overlapping it? I also mistook it for a .PNG and it is actually .SVG could the fact that it's a scaleable vector graphic have anything to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally no.

Could you share a .muse with us: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Only one page, only head?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​ Here is a link to a single page muse file just was copied then downsized so nothing has been changed or recreated from the original file, just copied.

DTSP SITE HEADER FILE.muse - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not use system fonts in your menu. It behaves like an image in this case. Images scale differently than text.

This leads to unintended scaling.

Your menu buttons had a colour fill, that´s why this overlapping happens to your header elements.

I changed some settings and show, how it could be done. I recommend to use breakpoints, especially on master pages, only if the design needs one. Of course you have to change the font to your needs but use a webfont, please. I used BEBAS NEUE.

Dropbox - CHANGED HEADER FILE.muse

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did take less care of your footer.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the advice! Checking out the file you changed around now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines