• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website Loads much slower in Safari (High Sierra) than Chrome or FireFox

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm putting the finishing touches on my band's website-- patemaband.com and I've hit a wall where the load times are total hit and miss.  Sometimes it's lightning fast (and usually in chrome or firefox) and other times it takes in excess of 20 seconds for my home page to load past the "EXIST TO OVERCOME" text.  Because the load times seems to be totally random across different computers, I really just don't know how to address it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

here are some ways to fix it btw:

IN TERMINAL:

Disable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled -boolean false

Enable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults delete com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled

If this does not work, try googling your question, there is a few other threads on this that done pertain with your actual website but to apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new safari they released with High Sierra has some things it blocks to take out ads, large images etc. it loads slower because it "as they say" cleans your site before showing it to you. I think that should be changed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are some ways to fix it btw:

IN TERMINAL:

Disable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled -boolean false

Enable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults delete com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled

If this does not work, try googling your question, there is a few other threads on this that done pertain with your actual website but to apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Yes, still making my website on Muse 4 yrs later haha. A simple site of mine is slowly loading on safari but mega fast on chrome. 

Would enabling the described things also cause the website to load faster on other laptops with safari? 

www.wontech.nl

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say I am impressed. Please order your (most of the times free - …) SSL certificate to get the https: instead of the http: -- maybe then the slowloading issue disappears. You must know that most modern and uptodate browsers do not show your website unless browsers are setup for a workaround, which most users don't do, and why should they. Put your SSL and install it on your ftp (mostly the provider does this for you in a breeze).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, your site has a whole laundry list of problems.  The SSL certificates are expired.  The site contains mixed content.  The server doesn't redirect to a secure HTTPS location.  And the list goes on & on...  Some details are reported below.

https://www.whynopadlock.com/results/eb42fa32-8f0a-4a6d-9a04-8a7cf43dc723

To find out more, run a site performance test below.   If that fails, your site is not worth salvaging, unfortunately.  It must be rebuilt with modern web tools that current browsers and mobile devices understand.

https://gtmetrix.com/

For commercial websites that perform well, look at Web.com or Squarespace. 

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-website-builders

Best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines