Website Loads much slower in Safari (High Sierra) than Chrome or FireFox

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm putting the finishing touches on my band's website-- patemaband.com and I've hit a wall where the load times are total hit and miss.  Sometimes it's lightning fast (and usually in chrome or firefox) and other times it takes in excess of 20 seconds for my home page to load past the "EXIST TO OVERCOME" text.  Because the load times seems to be totally random across different computers, I really just don't know how to address it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018
here are some ways to fix it btw:IN TERMINAL:Disable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled -boolean falseEnable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults delete com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabledIf this does not work, try googling your question, there is a few other threads on this that done pertain with your actual website but to apple.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new safari they released with High Sierra has some things it blocks to take out ads, large images etc. it loads slower because it "as they say" cleans your site before showing it to you. I think that should be changed soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here are some ways to fix it btw:

IN TERMINAL:

Disable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled -boolean false

Enable DNS Prefetching in Safari: defaults delete com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled

If this does not work, try googling your question, there is a few other threads on this that done pertain with your actual website but to apple.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines