• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Website with temporary access

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a website for my portofolio. I'm a relatively new to creating websites, and I'm a bit uncertain what software to choose, muse, wordpress or dreamweaver. I dont want my site to be accessed by everyone. My initial thought was to create a site where others can get access by a link that will grant access for a limited time span (or request access from the site). I know its possible, but i cant find any information on how to. What is the best way to achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi n00ve,

If I understand correctly, you want to create a site which timeouts after a specific time and user needs to login back to access?

With Muse, you can create a site and upload it to Business Catalyst without making it live.

This way only those will be able to access your site who have the link.

The site won't be public and won't even show up in the search engine.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for quick reply.

I do want to make it live. I guess most sites solve it by giving the option of creating an user account. But then again, i don't want everyone to be able to create an user account. I was thinking more of an invite option, like an invitation code/link, or request access directly from the site. Is this possible through Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is possible with Muse, as these things are managed by host end, you may have to reach out to them and see if anything is possible.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines