• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do you think of Muse? Should I use it?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experience coding and although I know the basics of responsive code I'm considering using something that's more of a plug and play.

Has this worked well for you? What are the pros? Cons? Would love to hear thoughts form the creative community. You are all hear because you use the product so fill me in!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

I think, it would be better to download the test version, and look, if Muse is the right application for you.

But since a test version expires, it would be a very good idea, to have a deep look at these tutorials here, before loading the test version:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

or look as these „jam sessions“ by Dani, the Muse product manager:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxwE7-HpeFygSH0zEI2tkDQ

Here you find some examples of „Muse made"sites:

muse website of the month

I personally w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, it would be better to download the test version, and look, if Muse is the right application for you.

But since a test version expires, it would be a very good idea, to have a deep look at these tutorials here, before loading the test version:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

or look as these „jam sessions“ by Dani, the Muse product manager:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxwE7-HpeFygSH0zEI2tkDQ

Here you find some examples of „Muse made"sites:

muse website of the month

I personally wouldn’t rely to much on statement of the community. Rely on your own skills. For me, personally, Muse is a very powerful tool, which gives me – as a print designer – the opportunity to built fine web sites in a minimal fraction of time, that would be necessary, by building something similar by coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's always best to dabble yourself, just thought I'd ask before taking on yet another app/tech to play with. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is brilliant! Even for idiots like me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One big con: Ugly, bloated code. It will literally make you want to throw up at times if you look at the published output as a coder. Also not everything is fully responsive and you may get frustrated not being able to edit more specific stuff directly in Muse.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

„ugly bloated code“ My god!

„not fully responsive“ Again: My god!

It is, as I said: Don’t rely on statement, made in communities. I know for sure, that Mylenium isn’t a Muse user. He sometimes opens the application, but I know, he has no real Muse skills. It is a typical coder’s statement …

I personally prefer looking at web sites, not at code. And so do most visitors of web sites.

And: It is one thing, to code a single web site with streamlined code, but finding a way to automatically generate code for all possible sites  is a completely different thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make something simple first and move on from there... some code skills will be a big help when you hit a road block in your design idea

the big mistake people make with Muse is trying to rebuild a Facebook system without first knowing the basics

pro; solid coders have done much of the back ground work for you and this forum has a lot of good designers helping people for free

lots of tutorials and help files + free test hosting on Adobe BC to see your design in action

con; a lot of people think they are web designers without needing to learn stuff then get upset when their great idea doesn't work first try

lots of misinfomation | lies from people

I agree watch lots of tutorials... the Adobe made ones have the files so you can play around with their design and then give the trial a go, if its not for you thats fine... there are other options around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't consider myself a big coder at all. I can find my way around html and css, a little drupal but that's it. Appreciate the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to understand - there is a tool for each specific task. Muse is not suitable for all tasks. Muse is not a universal tool, but just one of many in the arsenal.

The second point to which I would like to point out is that responsive features in Muse are hell, both in terms of user experience and in terms of performance.

The third point - if you need a project that requires constant, frequent administration, a blog, a store - Muse is the last platform on which it would be worth doing.

In general, Muse is a program for developing UX web design, but not for website development. Users often primarily use Muse not by its intended purpose because of the crafty of marketing and face many problems. Therefore, before you choose Muse to create a project, you should know well all of its pros and cons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pavel, that's very helpful. I do need to just in and start toying around with. Give myself a few small projects to test things out. Appreciate your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, a print designer, Muse is a great tool to build a website. It gives me the opportunity to make a good looking site with advanced features easily and in a short time.

But Muse does have its limitations. If you want to use a blog or a webstore you can't do that within Muse itself.

You can give it a try, Kathleen! Muse is so easy to use, in an hour or so you can see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines