• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does the paramEncoding attribute do in <text> parameter?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am learning MuCow and I am getting pretty good at it. But this is the only thing that is bothering me so far. What is the paramEncoding attribute and what does it do?

Thank you

TOPICS
Mucow development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

It's used to format the text to make it web-friendly. URIComponent replaces spaces in the text with %20% and spaceToPlus will format spaces with the + symbol.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's used to format the text to make it web-friendly. URIComponent replaces spaces in the text with %20% and spaceToPlus will format spaces with the + symbol.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you
While we are on the subject. Can you also help me understand the <builtIn> parameter? I mean what could we achieve with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The builtin parameters give you access to internal data such as the unique ID for the widget, as well as its width and height. Others give you the page or site  URL This helps if you need to incorporate them into your code.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find out about paramEncoding? I didnt see that in the muse documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here: MuCow Documentation, although it doesn't actually tell you what it does. Theres more info here: JavaScript encodeURI() Function.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines