• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Muse and Typekit?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened?  We have dozens of Muse-built websites that we manage.  Suddenly, starting last week, none of them will export to HTML.  Previous forum posts suggest that the trouble relates to the use of Typekit fonts.  Previous forum posts that are listed as "Answered" because the user replaced Typekit fonts with something else. 

Can anybody help resolve the central issue?  What happened to Typekit that is causing this problem.  I really don't have the time to redesign all of my sites with different fonts unless I absolutely have to.  If I do have to redesign these sites I might as well just use a reliable platform that offers some degree of support, right?

Come on Adobe.  Sure hope you don't go to the boneyard like our old friends in Boulder did.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Matt,

Many apologies for the trouble you are facing.

However the issue is due to the recent retirement of Proxima Nova Soft, which has been replaced by the foundry with Proxima Soft for the reasons explained in blog post.

The troubleshooting for this issue can be followed by this doc - Error 400: Font not available.

However, Preran has already escalated your case and you may expect a call back by a Muse tech soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I haven't heard of anything similar that has affected a large number of users, so I am guessing that it is something unique to your case. Can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number? If you are an Enterprise customer, check with your Admin for the details. Send me this information along wit a link to this post over a private message. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s surprising that you haven’t heard about this problem before Preran as there are several posts on the user forum referencing the same problem.  <edited by moderator to protect personal info>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Many apologies for the trouble you are facing.

However the issue is due to the recent retirement of Proxima Nova Soft, which has been replaced by the foundry with Proxima Soft for the reasons explained in blog post.

The troubleshooting for this issue can be followed by this doc - Error 400: Font not available.

However, Preran has already escalated your case and you may expect a call back by a Muse tech soon.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a serious problemand it's not just proxima nova soft. It's all proxima nova.

Is there any way to hack a different way to access proxima nova without using typekit? Google fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have investigated a few cases where this error message arose from using fonts that are not available as part of the free Typekit plan. I suggest going through your list of fonts to see if there is anything that you could eliminate for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines