• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's sad about the last Muse update

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad thing about the last Muse update is showing us how bad and unreliable the software is becoming.

I spend a whole day updating several web sites, to figure out in the end that the update broke it completely. A whole day of work lost. Today I'm going back to the previous version and I'm going to redo all the work I did yesterday. I'm lucky that I have previous versions of all my projects.

Working with Muse in my client's websites requires a certain level of trust. How do I know if the next update will broke dozens of projects developed? That's the thing: I don't know. Reading the complaints here in the forum it's just sad and to watch the Adobe staff asking for details about the responsive placement bug looks like Adobe didn't do their homework - to beta test the update BEFORE release.

When my CC app pop-up the last update I was SURE that was going to help me. It did the other way around and I lost a whole day of work.

So, dear Adobe, please, take care of your paying costumers. We are definitely not your beta testers. Please envolve from this and learn. Update MUST BE extensively tested BEFORE you lunch it. That's why you have a beta testing program. Jezz, how many guys do you have there? Two or three?

Adobe software is used by professionals and we can't be interrupted just because you launched a broken update. You have to be more connected with your costumers, listen more and be aware of you responsibility as a software company. Projects, clients, businesses are ate stake here. And that's not the first time it happens. It happened before in the last update with Adobe Illustrator.

Take action! 1. Pull out the last update. There are tons of people breaking their web sites with the last update. 2. State an apology for your costumers. Show your concern and that your are listening. 3. Show that your team is working on the bug around the clock. Give us ETA for the next fix.

Adobe, please, you guys have to take the next step and evolve from this. I work with you for almost 20 years, and this is an embarrassment for the Adobe history.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me Inferno. Try it, anything is better than a messed up website.

Good Luck,

RM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone over at Adobe help with this issue? When is the next release going to fix this? I have a client that needs their website updated and the vertical shift problem with stretch to browser width has screwed up the entire site. I cannot fix or update anything and I will loose them as a client because of Adobe's negligence to keep top level tools within the application consistent from upgrade to upgrade. Really disappointed at Adobe. I pay a lot of money for these tools and expect better than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This special issue can definitely be fixed without an update! Read my answer here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2394356

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work for clients you really should not do without a backup, should you?

Rumours say something about 18th October with the Adobe MAX but I can`t promise.

Sorry and best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pretty large bug that indicates no proper testing is going on at Adobe's end.

Stop making excuses for this colossal failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

When i am using adobe muse 2018 cc it will not put the home button in when i try to pull out a menu. Is it bc im using the free trial?

Thanks Bryce,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and disagree with your comments about lack of testing, but i do feel sorry for the program development team, as they are in a no-win situation.

I have been criticised by many forum acp's and users about my comments and criticisms regarding new features and pre-release testing, (especially in the Dreamweaver user forum) regarding the participation of users and the management in pre-release programs. The problem with them is that they are often frequented by users who only want a 'sneek peak', and who never supply any feadback regarding bugs, and by a small dedicated group who test the program(s) to the best of their abilities.

Unfortunatly that small group who do actually try and find bugs, (and ask for new features) are users trying to also earn a living using the program, just like yourself. If it was not for that small group the updates between one version and the next would be 2-3 times the current cycle.

I know all users cannot be expected to participate in the pre-release and bug test, but if every user was to join and build just a single page using the new features, (and any old features that may have changed) and file any bugs or concerns they have, most of the new realease bugs would never happen.

1-4 hours of your time each year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more, pziecina! We have a Muse prerelease forum, which unfortunately is mostly used to satisfy one's curiosity and post  requests for features, which – of course and as a matter of fact – are always "indispensable", "urgently needed" and "should be implemented from day one"! There unfortunately are not THAT many members, who really care deeply about bug fixing and reporting issues in a reproducible way.

My opinion: Prerelease forum should be used for bugfixing, streamlining and feature improvements. Feature requested and other discussions should be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem, one site returns the error "did not expect mixed node types for leaves with the same key" when uploading.

The other site has the problem above where the content is hidden but the header which is pinned to the top and set to full width.

Can you shed any light on these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be easy to investigate if you can share your muse file. You can upload to some dropbox or somewhere and provide link of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I upload my .muse file for your evaluation, Amit?

JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow this instructions:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

In your case you have to upload the whole file of course.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the first complaint (Danilo Salvego). My website, which was nearly ready to go live, is now wrecked after "updating" to Muse 2017.1.0.821. My master page footer background now appears over other content on all breakpoints and all pages of my site that use the vertical menu bar (which is most of them). I have tried your Vertical shift.mulib solution but it did not work. I have tried pinning, unpinning, unapplying and reapplying the master page to affected pages, and everything else I can think of to try to fix this problem but nothing works.

I am in real trouble now because this site is supposed to go live next week and I'm totally in the weeds. Adobe has a reputation (until now) of creating the best professional software. However, the perfect record has been tarnished. And sadly, unlike Danilo, I don't have a previous version to revert to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honesty, the new update's features are not as interesting to me. You are just better off downgrading back to 17.0.4

Once they fix this with a patch (probably 17.1.1) then you update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think, we actually can’t answer this question! That is a shame, but simply seems to be true …

There are some crucial issues in the the actual version and the Muse team works hard to fix them.

Some temporary(!) workaround are released here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713​, and are working fine in many situations.

But the major problem is: Reading the descriptions here in the forum doesn’t allow to decide, if we are dealing with one of the bugs, introduced in Muse 2017.1, or if we are encountering issues, which are associated to common design errors when creating responsive pages.

So, If one has a backup file, saved with the last version of Muse, I’d really suggest to temporarily roll back to this version, as described in post #4 in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2378171

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

This is really bizarre but I just opened my website file that wasn't showing the blue arrows at the left end of the header and footer guides and now IT IS. The blue adjustment arrows are back where they belong. The only thing I have done with Muse since the arrows were not showing was to open a new blank file (as recommended by you or another forum member). In that file the arrows appeared. And now, when I open the file that I was having trouble with, the arrows appear there too.

The only thing that could have caused this phenomenon was the opening of a new blank file, which I then closed without saving. Anyway, now everything in Muse is working as it should. That's all I can say.

Thanks for your help,

RM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Друг у меня тоже самое! Но хорошо что сделал копию макета! и смог сохранить свои труды! Это все очень печально Adobe((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That small typo! Couldn’t you use a larger font size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe must understand that many of Us are working all day (and without any result) in order to TRY to fix layout issues on website clients.

Our time is precious like the Adobe team time.

So what about money?

We pay for the software and now we are working for free (without results)

it's unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I luckily had a version of my client's site saved right before the update. It meant rolling back to an older version of muse and redoing everything I'd done after the update however.

I will no longer be using muse for any client based / non-personal work. I'll also be recommending the same to anyone I know who uses it based on this nonsense.

The fact that this bug is still live is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say something, to give the Adobe team some hope – trying now the third website I have done with previous versions,

all of them work absolutely perfect as intended and expected. One of them is, I have to admit, fixed width, because still the client doesn`t get the money to pay fully responsive, but the others are quite responsive.

Tomorrow I check my fourth site and let you know.

And NO, I don´t get paid for this. Sorry guys.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry man  but the money question is only to say that this kind of downdate is really a big problem for many many customers.

When you see no solution you wrote what you think.

And that is what I did.

I can understand that HTML has many combinations and problems, but you expect that a Software Company can release an update ONLY WHEN SHE'S SURE that everything is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, everything works fine on my side. A fixed width site, a responsive site with fixed width breakpoints and a one with fluid width breakpoints.

What else could I say.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So wow this is still broken? No update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a date for the update as yet. If you do not have a backup of your files that you can use in the previous version, I suggest downloading a build from the prerelease forum until the update is available.

Link to Adobe prerelease Adobe Prerelease

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines