Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What will replace Muse? How to convert?

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator’s note: this post originally in response to this Fireworks thread ]

I must agree. I'm a retired graphic designer/art director who has used Adobe products (Mac) since their inception. Adobe kept making Dreamweaver more and more complicated and I finally stopped trying to keep up. I still use Fireworks CS6 (yet another app that Adobe has abandoned on us).

Now they're abandoning us with Muse. I only do a couple of hobby sites these days, but keep my full Creative Cloud subscription. I've seen several inquiries as to what will replace Muse, and will we be able to convert our Muse sites to the new app. I haven't seen any definite answers yet and apparently there's no way to ask Adobe directly. If there is, I ain't found it yet.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator’s note: I’ve moved this post from Adobe Capture to the Help Using Adobe Muse forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no „replacement“ for Muse and there is no way to convert Muse documents into a different format.

If your sites are very simple, you may sucessfully open the HTML output in, for example, Dreamweaver, but the code isn‘t really prepared for hand coding.

So, you may keep editing your site in Muse — it won‘t stop working, until the app is running on your operating system and as long as internet standard make your sites stumbling. Or you re-build your sites with a different tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to you both. It's not a big deal for me, but I feel sorry for all of the others who depend on Muse and have spent years learning and. using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines