• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when outputted as HTML or previewed in a browser, items shift to incorrect positions

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that was built using a heavily edited version of the standard blank composition. When working on the project in Muse all the items (in this case, triggers) appear in the correct place but when previewed in a browser or previewed from the outputted HTML several of the triggers shift to incorrect positions. Additionally, the corresponding targets are also shifted, and even more perplexing, they contain data that should be associated with a different target. In other words, data contained within the shifted target has been swapped with another target. In Muse it all appears fine...it's only in a browser does it appear incorrectly.

Help!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Thanks for the file Faisal, I had a look at it and finally conclude that Muse couldn't handle this much complicated composition as the code becomes too messy.

Rather It would be nicer if you simply stack them in a multiple text frame and group them together.

For displaying the information you can use a tool top widget.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Faisal,

Sorry for the issue you are facing with composition widget.

Please share you .muse file containing only the composition.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush,

Thank you for your response. A stripped down version of the project can be accessed here:

Dropbox - Faisal Muse example - Simplify your life

The infographic is composed of stacks of events. Each stack represents a decade starting with the 1960's. Each item in the stack represents an event in which a safety related event occurred during a particular spacewalk. When you click an event a popup window should appear right next to the event with a detailed description of that event.

The problem I'm having exists as three parts:

1. The arrangement of the events and stack appears correctly when viewed in Muse, but when previewed in a browser some of the events are shifted.

2. The pops ups should appear right next to the associated event but instead some are appearing in the wrong place (see the entry for Apollo 12, EVA 2 11/2/1969 for an example).

3. Additionally, the data in some of the pop ups is incorrect. Each pop up should have data about that event only. For example, when you click on the event for Apollo 12, EVA 2 11/2/1969 you should see the associated data, but instead the data for Apollo 15, EVA 2 7/31/1991 is displayed. Again, this all works as expected in Muse...it's only when previewed in a browser do the errors appear.

Please let me know if I can provide further clarification.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file Faisal, I had a look at it and finally conclude that Muse couldn't handle this much complicated composition as the code becomes too messy.

Rather It would be nicer if you simply stack them in a multiple text frame and group them together.

For displaying the information you can use a tool top widget.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines