• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When publishing changes from a different computer, Muse thinks it has to re-publish all assets... takes hours!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to make edits and publish small changes / updates to my website from multiple computers by carrying the .muse file with me on a flash drive and just opening that file in Muse on different computers. When I try to do this, Muse does not seem to be able to differentiate new changes from that which has already been published to the server. So when I try to modify a single thing, e.g., add a new photo to the gallery, Muse thinks it needs to re-publish all the assets, which takes hours because there are hundreds of hi-def photos on our website. Is there any way to have a portable .muse website that is editable from multiple computers but doesn’t have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

imo this will mess up all your image files

work around, open your site in Dreamweaver and download a local copy of your site to this same usb stick then open Muse file and sync the assets to point back to the usb... if you have used any psd files then the originals should be copied onto this usb as well

now Muse will look back to this usb whenever it looks for assets and not the C, D, E drives of other computers

p.s, "hundreds of hi-def photos"? did you sync them to a cc library (best results) ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imo this will mess up all your image files

work around, open your site in Dreamweaver and download a local copy of your site to this same usb stick then open Muse file and sync the assets to point back to the usb... if you have used any psd files then the originals should be copied onto this usb as well

now Muse will look back to this usb whenever it looks for assets and not the C, D, E drives of other computers

p.s, "hundreds of hi-def photos"? did you sync them to a cc library (best results) ... a synced images should just carry across as long as you log in to Adobe with the same id to publish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway,

Thank you for your response.

Could you clarify what you're suggesting regarding Dreamweaver? I don't understand the process that you're recommending. Specifically, what do you mean by "sync the assets to point back to the usb"? If you, or anybody, could reply with more detailed instructions, I would be very interested in trying this method out.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. make a local copy
  2. open the muse file
  3. relink all assets to that local copy
  4. clould assets have a cloud icon and snyc ok
  5. you can also use the collect tool to get all assets if Dreamweaver is not an option... the difference is 3rd party codes and custom folders | pages are included by DW

Screenshot (479).png

Screenshot (480).png

Screenshot (481).png

Screenshot (482).png

Screenshot (483).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines