• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my MUSE LAYERS go in 2017 upgrade??!!?!

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse Layers are not working - I updated to 2017 release and all of the sudden layers are not showing up in published site?

Here is a link to the site I am working on- Home

I hope there is a fix for this soon- deadlines are near.

Love the program- Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hi everyone,

This issue has been fixed in the latest update. For more info, see Adobe Muse 2017.0.1 is now live. Read this first.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Help with using Adobe Muse CC​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HeadLump,

Unfortunately, seeing the site itself doesn't really help with the layer issues you're having. If you can upload the .muse file to Creative Cloud, Dropbox or similar, we will be able to take a look and see what the problems are.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a bug introduced with the new release, as it is similar to a couple of other threads in the forum.

Muse 2017 pinning issues

The pin tool has issues after the 2017 update

Staff looking at the other issues suggest sending the .muse file to muse-support@adobe.com with a link to this thread. The file is larger than 20mb, so you can add a link to the file stored in Creative Cloud by viewing it in the browser and clicking the arrow to the right of the filename. Select Send Link, then click Create Public Link and copy the address into the email.

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 21.35.29.png

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice design btw... the text in the cloud bubbles could be darker but I love the overall layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you; it is a work in process-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Muse CC 2017,  still get same anomaly. Then I tried rebuilding site in 2017, still is not giving me correct layer order???! Wish I had kept a copy 2015.2.1 program, instead I dove in head first into 2017 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still install 2015.2.1 from the Creative Cloud Desktop. Once you've enabled this, find Muse in the list and you'll see a list of all the previous versions available.

David

Previous.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David- Adobe Chat help hooked me up with that solution just now- but the sites I opened in and saved over are gone- so Now I am going to take my experience and hopefully build a more streamlined site- in 2015.2 and hope adobe fixes layers in 2017 edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest event in my upgrade... Was working on a page I saved in 2017 it has 3 layers 2 with content simple one page landing page- I am converting to no layers(for now) I selected a full frame slideshow on the bottom layer and this popped up.
HeadLumpMUSE2017LayerIssue111016_errormessage.JPG

I reopened it got everything on one layer- so far so good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This issue has been fixed in the latest update. For more info, see Adobe Muse 2017.0.1 is now live. Read this first.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to be running fine in the latest update- Thanks for the quick response and help. Muse is such a cool program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

This issue is fixed in 2017.0.1.7.

Please download it from Adobe Muse Private Beta Program

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this hint – it works.

But as i guess this is a major problem in the official version (as it affects  all sites using adaptive layouts and pinned objects – this means all adaptive sites…) it should come to an update as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After updating to 2018 my page layers from other pages have disappeared.

I.e. If I am in the Home page - I see the folder I created in Master but it is empty of any contents. I can see the contents on the canvas but cannot manipulate them in any way.

I down-graded back to 2017 but now the problem has followed me there.

Also I have experienced multiply multiply crashes on 2018 and it corrupted file after file (exporting to HTML I receive the message of ‘missing files on server - contact author). I literally had to rebuild my site piece by piece into a clean fresh file.

I need to put the Master file on top of my contents but I can’t touch it or move it because the contents are empty. I need to get this project done can anyone help I’m desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines