• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to get a responsive food menu for my Muse site?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Title edited by moderator for clarity.]

I created a website in muse via a template for a deli. However the food menu didn't meet my needs. I have been looking for just a food menu I can edit to add breakfast/lunch menu items (text only) to the site. Every menu I come across has the entire site with it. Any ideas much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Sorry, have no idea about PC.

Your issue may be less annoying, if you mark elements at one breakpoint, and do the following:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-09 um 20.28.27.png

Copy size and position to …

Then it might be easier, although elements are placed wrong for the smaller breakpoint, to reorganize them.

Does this help?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong with the food menu in your Template?  Why can't you use it? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the graze template but I need to add more menu items then they allow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we talk about this menu?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-03 um 23.00.31.png

You may have to scale the brown bg layer down. Best/easiest way to grab the blue double arrow on the left (having clicked the anchor!!), and push down as much as you may need, expand the brown bg, add your menu items and so on.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-03 um 23.05.20.png

In your other post from the other thread you were talking about "Design Kit"?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you talk about the mobile menu, well, that´s the same secret, expand that box from the composition as much as necessary.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I just copy and paste the original menu items and change the text? Can I make it 3 items across instead of 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of which menu are we talking about?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graze food menu where it says starters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us some more details. Give us a screenshot of what you want or even better, give us a .muse file. It´s time consuming to pull every detail out of the nose from somebody. I thought, my posts were quite detailed enough – if not help us to help you.

Do you talk about the 6 menu items and you want to add some more? Well, that´s just a qutestion of place, isn´t it?

Maybe you must change in an earlier breakpoint to a responsive/yet mobile menu.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I uploadd the muse file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it with only one page into your CC files folder and by Right click, share the link with us. You may use a manually setup menu, in order to show how much items you want place. Kind Regards, Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use the cloud I usually save the files on my desktop until I am ready to upload. Here is the msnu I am trying to be able to add more "Starter" items. I have about 30+ items to add.menu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote already, expand the brown rectangle as I wrote in my first post by pushing down the below content first (blue triangle on the left hand side of the design view area) and then drag the  bottom border as much as desired, fill in your starter items and you should be pretty much done.

BTW, using that blue triangle/arrows, handles the anchor as well, so the necessary distance between the anchor and the top border of the following content stays the same.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I think the issue was I didn't resize at each breakpoints earlier. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was adding to the menu and wanted to know if there is an easier way to correct menu on breakpoints. See 960 menu squished.960.jpg

550 menu fine550.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you have a lot of dupleicated elements? You need only one element and resize and place that for each breakpoint.

If it is messed up too much, we would need a .muse file with only this page, with the elements that "go wrong".

Save it into your CC-files like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-09 um 18.02.03.png

It is just saved for the purpose to share it with whomever you like. To do this, Right Click the file and copy that link and past it here.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that. What do you mean by duplicated elements? Just curious as I thought it was going good with adding extra menu items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get it to save to CC files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xxnonamexx  schrieb

I'll try that. What do you mean by duplicated elements? Just curious as I thought it was going good with adding extra menu items.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-09 um 20.00.20.png

xxnonamexx  schrieb

I can't get it to save to CC files.

PC or MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, have no idea about PC.

Your issue may be less annoying, if you mark elements at one breakpoint, and do the following:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-09 um 20.28.27.png

Copy size and position to …

Then it might be easier, although elements are placed wrong for the smaller breakpoint, to reorganize them.

Does this help?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that and I think its working correctly. How can I add more menu headings and link to correct anchor? Example Home, about, are default I want to add breakfast but how can I make it so when you click on the menu work it goes to correct anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines