• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White gap to right of screen - Can't find object that is causing this?

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Been looking around at many different posts of people who have found in site design within muse the case where there is a white gap to the right of the screen, with the addition of a horizontal scroll bar.

In most cases, Muse folks have responded to check that there is no object outside of the page area. I have done this, but the problem persists.

I have seen in other cases Muse staff who have checked peoples files and then said something like "You have a black box in the background, set to stretch to browser width - Delete this and replace with browser colour"

Now, I cannot do the above as I have a number of image elements within containers which are stretched to browser width.

So my general question is - Besides objects which are out of page bounds, are there any other issues which could cause this issue? I have narrowed it down to containers which fit to browser width, either with another container within - Or with a filled image. But I am unable to narrow down further!

Anyone have any advice?

Cliff

(My challenge is that I am working on a secret site "ooh la la" of a product which is launching so its tricky to share my muse file to the public!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Apologies folks - I had posted this question before I had the time to strip out all the branding, client content and custom imagery. I have now done so, and have provided muse files - Yet in order to not confuse submitted a new discussion here:

Please help me find object which is causing white gap at right of screen. I can't find it.

I am just marking this thread as solved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another suspicion too. - that the width of the vertical scrollbar also creates issues.

I see that the breakpoint width is inclusive of the vertical scrollbar, and then when you have content which is set to the page layout but inclusive of gutters, then that becomes a problem?

Its almost that content has to be placed inside of gutters + the width of the vertical scrollbar?

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Cliffsta+B  schrieb

Hi Folks,

(My challenge is that I am working on a secret site "ooh la la" of a product which is launching so its tricky to share my muse file to the public!)

Then create an identical page (duplicate), delete/replace all secret stuff and share it. Otherwise we are unable to help really.

Did you use the scrubber properly and watch between breakpoints what´s happening to your layout?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe,

Yes - Checked scrubber etc. This bug is not being created by something you can "see" outside of page bounds.

I'm under a tight deadline so cannot send file today - But will do post launch.

In the meantime I am using

<style>

html {overflow-x: hidden;}

</style>

To hide all the elements which are off canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies folks - I had posted this question before I had the time to strip out all the branding, client content and custom imagery. I have now done so, and have provided muse files - Yet in order to not confuse submitted a new discussion here:

Please help me find object which is causing white gap at right of screen. I can't find it.

I am just marking this thread as solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines