Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White screen flash

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Muse 2017.0.1.11.

I created a simple example at http://www.betacor.net. Have a look.

When you click the test button you get a white screen flash then the correct screen appears.

I have other sites where I use the same colours and format, they converted to the new muse version and they work just fine.

I have tested with safari, firefox and chrome on iMac and windows 10 and I get the same result.

Same result with businesscatalyst site.

I have tried everything with no success.

Thanks

Morgan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Hi Peren, I have the same problem so I added this:

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

body {

visibility: visible !important;

}

</style>

to the master page, which actually works on my home page but now all the other pages are flashing. what will happen if I just add it to all the pages..... will that work or be a disaster? I know my site is very "heavy" and I am adjusting file sizes, which I should have done first. Whats your thought? www.glidelightly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flash is because the website is loading slow. I am not sure why because there isn't much in the page to slow it down.

See White flashes between page clicks  where a similar topic has been discussed.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

Thanks for the response.

I don'i think this is a speed issue, it even does this on businesscatalyst. As far as my iMac it is the fastest Apple sells at this time.

I have tested with safari, firefox and chrome on iMac and windows 10 and I get the same result. I even get this on my iPhone and iPad air.

As I indicated, I have other sites where I use the same colours and format, they converted to the new muse version and they work just fine. I seems to be when I create a new site with the new Muse version that this occurs.

I have my own web servers and have been using Muse since it existed ..... it appears to me that something has changed.

The test site I created could not be simpler so speed is not the issue.

The site above that you suggested simply says it is ok once in cache but that is no good to me. This just looks amateurish.

What did you see when you tried it?

Thanks

Morgan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran написал(а):

The flash is because the website is loading slow. I am not sure why because there isn't much in the page to slow it down.

See White flashes between page clicks where a similar topic has been discussed.

It recognized a bug in the beta forum, and decided to fix. Exists other, correct topic which is discussed as an error. With all due respect, link that you have led misleading.

Reloading entire page, how to set objects which will not be reloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peren, I have the same problem so I added this:

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

body {

visibility: visible !important;

}

</style>

to the master page, which actually works on my home page but now all the other pages are flashing. what will happen if I just add it to all the pages..... will that work or be a disaster? I know my site is very "heavy" and I am adjusting file sizes, which I should have done first. Whats your thought? www.glidelightly.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried this route, so I really don't know how to answer your question. Why don't you create a backup of your site, create a new site with this code in the pages and test it. Let us know your observations. If you are successful, you would have helped other users on this forum with a similar issue.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

I originally posted this problem.

I went to my page properties in Muse under fonts and changed it to [ inherited from site ] and the problem was gone.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea why? I have other sites created in Muse and I looked at them and noticed the commonality so I desperately gave a go! Desperate times call for desperate measures !!!

I know this sees holy but it worked for me.

Morgan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morgan, I do apologize for not mentioning you in my post regarding the

white flash problem. It was not intentional I assure you and hope you can

accept my sincere apoligies . My head was so involved with all the issues

etc. Have a great day, and good luck with your projects. Christopher,

GLIDELIGHTLY PICTURES TOKYO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher

Absolutley not a problem, thanks for your concern though.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Take care

Morgan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'ld like to revive this thread because I'm having the same issue, white flashes between pages. No difference between browsers (safari, firefox, chrome: identical behaviour) or server (all tested locally, in businesscatalyst, and on a third host)

while debugging & searching I think I discovered something else;

- I have older Muse sites that did not have the issue (no flashes in any browser or server)

- Upon opening and re-exporting the same muse files / websites, the flashes are there (all browsers and servers)

This excluded any speed or cache issues, as was mentioned in other threads here concerning this issue..

Comparing the source code I noticed a difference in the DOCTYPE;

"flashing websites":

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html class="nojs html css_verticalspacer" lang="en-US">

<head>

"non-flashing websites":

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html class="html" lang="en-US">

<head>

Replacing <html class="nojs html css_verticalspacer" lang="en-US"> with <html class="html css_verticalspacer" lang="en-US"> (so without "nojs") manually in the html files after exporting stops the white flashes between pages. Sites continue to behave normal for the rest, as far as I can see. Here you can find two identical exports (one export, then copied the folder in the finder), I just removed the "nojs" in the second version manually, and the flashes are gone.

flashes - with "nojs": NUTS&BERRIES

no flashes anymore - without "nojs": NUTS&BERRIES

What is up with that? And would it be safe to delete the nojs in the export to prevent the flashes or would that cause problems when javascript is disabled? And what is css_verticalspacer for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you think about that Pavel Homeriki​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Günter.. I wonder if anybody could contribute? Pavel Homeriki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already expressed my opinion about this. This can be fixed manually, but it's not convenient. The muse team must fix this in the program code. I do not see any other way out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Pavel Homeriki. If you say "This can be fixed manually", do you mean the way I fixed it, by deleting "nojs"? I'm still unsure about the consequences of that edit - Is this a safe fix, albeit inconvenient indeed, or could it cause a problem on some platforms/browsers/configurations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TimJOst  написал(а)

If you say "This can be fixed manually", do you mean the way I fixed it, by deleting "nojs"? I'm still unsure about the consequences of that edit - Is this a safe fix, albeit inconvenient indeed, or could it cause a problem on some platforms/browsers/configurations?

I can not say anything about this. I have not tried this method. My words "This can be fixed manually" are based on your experience and experience of some other users. And also the understanding that a web programmer can fix anything. Personally, I stopped using Muse for creating websites. I use it only as a program for prototype the design. Therefore, for me there is no need to correct this or look for a way to fix it.
Watch your site, make sure everything works as it should and then you can say that this method works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loud and clear, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that manually removing the 'no js' from each html page removes the white flash.  However I am still in the process of tracking down a slight content shift at www.blackheathgeneralstore.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to this, at javascript - What is the purpose of the HTML "no-js" class? - Stack Overflow there is a mention of FOUC, being "flash of unstyled content".Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.20.05 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines