• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are all object left positioned in mobile version?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have trouble with the mobile version of my webpage for a pizza place.

When I open the webpage from my phone - the entire page is positioned to the left. Even though I have marked all object to stretch to length of webpage/have responsive width. I have made sure that no objets are marked to the position to the left, but when I select "stretch to length of webpage/have responsive width", the left positioning gets chosen automatically anyway...(view the attached pic).

Left positioning.png

Please help me...does anyone have an idea on how I can solve this?

The web version: www.asalapizza.se

Sending a big thank you to any helpers!

Please view the pictures, Preview in Muse.pngView on Phone.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Watching your phone layout:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-09 um 08.40.05.png

Browsers try to move to this anchor on the top left of the browser. So everything else has to follow. Place this anchor onto your canvas on the left edge of the canvas.

I realize that composition to be much wider than your canvas. Reduce it, so it fits into your canvas by: stretch to browser width.

For this you first use the left handle of the whole composition to the left edge of the canvas, then you place all contents into the canvas as well, then you move the right ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used adaptive design. It looks like you have all (let´s call it menu-items) buttons pinned to left of the container (what you showed in your first screenshot.

This happens by default. Could`t you pin it to the center like the real menu down the page? This seems to be pinned to the center.

You should watch all items in your menu buttons to be centered as well or, even better, to be not pinned at all.

All the time you click an item inside the button or the button itself, you may watch the top left of the muse menu in which part of the button you work at the moment (in my case "Bildrahmen":

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-08 um 14.27.12.png

You could then pin the button as a whole to center.

If you need any further assistance, we would need a .muse, reduced to one or two menu-buttons and maybe the menu.

Does this help?

Jag har en trevlig dag

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Uwe for taking your time with my question!

Hmmm...I have clicked through most of the objects on my web page in Muse now and all are marked with "Normal".

I tried changing one object from "stretch to length of webpage/have responsive width" to "None" - that made me able to center the object again..but then it won't adapt to the phone...Skärmavbild 2017-06-08 kl. 15.23.07.png

Maybe I can send you the file and you could help me check it out? hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. You could upload your file to your "local" CC-folder and share it from there or you share it via dropbox.

If it is only one page, shouldn`t be a big deal.

You don`t have to send any assets, you could also send your wireframe layout.

Waiting …

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Uwe!

Please download the muse file from here ---> WeTransfer

Let me know if you need anything more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching your phone layout:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-09 um 08.40.05.png

Browsers try to move to this anchor on the top left of the browser. So everything else has to follow. Place this anchor onto your canvas on the left edge of the canvas.

I realize that composition to be much wider than your canvas. Reduce it, so it fits into your canvas by: stretch to browser width.

For this you first use the left handle of the whole composition to the left edge of the canvas, then you place all contents into the canvas as well, then you move the right handle of the composition to the right edge of the canvas. You can click through your comp-content inside the layers palette.

The targets of your comp use a system font (this black little T in the right bottom betrayed you). Muse converts this into pixelated graphic elements and no text anymore. Bad for SEO and bad for handlng the text layer.

Changed it to "Fira Sans 2 Book". Change it to any webfont you like.

In your buttons, I changed all graphic elements to not resize but instead to "none" (orange circles, all text elements) and I centered them to the container.

Elements like your header logo, already stretched to browser width do not need to be centered.

All of this leads to this:

Åsa la Pizza

Watch it on your phone, if it fits – fine. From desktop you can download the file out of the asapizza.businesscatalyst.com/phone

if you click on your logo.

Interested if this works.

There´s a little question open, why the phone layout is by default set to 380, but needs to set to 320 in responsive design.

It works great now on my android-fairphone.

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It worked

Now only one last problem.....the phone number on the page becomes a blue link...

How do I make this go away and only keep the phone number as regular text?Mobil.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are kidding , this is so easy .

Site properties/Content-tab, rightaboutnow-thefunksoulbrother-checkitoutnow-…

You could even use different link styles for each text button.

This could be then differentiated here (click on the word Hyperlink😞

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-09 um 14.56.40.png

You know how to link your phone number so that users can call directly from the website? Why would you create a link, if you do not know this, I assume?

Regards

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your phone autodetects this as aphone number and marks it like that. This is a feature of your phone, not of your site or Muse. If you don't want this, use the "0" instead of the number "0", or fill in a space (blank) into the number, which you can optically "reduce" by using the letter spacing command in the text panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still would link it, it´s a nice feature to be able to directly call, right? Is it iPhone which detects it as a phone number automatically?

My Android doesn't. I would have to mark it, before I would be able to talk.

I recommend to link it and change color in site properties.

Regards

uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines