• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why aren't 2/6 of my menu's State Buttons functional?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link: http://underpressuremassage.businesscatalyst.com/index.html​

On my desktop version (1175), the "Services" and "Book Now" buttons aren't functioning properly.

They appear to be interfering with the rectangle hosting the photo of the hands underneath them, as when I take that out of the equation, they function.

However, I have them in my Master, and everything in my Master is in a separate layer above the rest. 

Even stranger, it seems that the very bottoms of the button function as intended.

This is my first time using Muse, and I'm so close to being done, but I can't seem to figure this one out by myself. 

Help!

Thanks,
Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Got it!

I removed a Blur Effect that was on the textbox in the statebutton on the right, and it fixed both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing too much, I put assume that some element(s) is covering your buttons.

Take care, that the menu buttons are on your master in a separate and in the top layer.

And of course, that on your pages nothing is in the same layer.

If this doesn`t help, provide a .muse, following these steps:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

But only if necessary.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see why you would assume that, but the buttons in question ARE in the master, near the top of the topmost layer. 

Nothing is overlapping them on the page either.  When I remove the rectangle (page layer, not master) underneath, they function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

I removed a Blur Effect that was on the textbox in the statebutton on the right, and it fixed both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this blur effect "overlapped" the others. This happens sometimes even with "small" effects.

Greta, that you found it, though.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, and I can't believe more people aren't posting about this. No solution yet. I made a menu from a composition with a rollout on hover option and placed it on top of my page. Now that element (meaning my menu creation) is covering my other button on the same page and disabling its functions. I have it on a separate layer and have even tried placing it on top of the menu layer but nothing is working. It is very frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody will be able to help without further informations. Instead of being frustrated, share a small .muse file containing only the misbehaving elements. Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

One question: Are you using the actual version of Muse (2018.0)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines