• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did Adobe pull features (social widgets) before August 2020?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to make the most of Muse before August 2020 when they will officially stop supporting it. Is there no way to add a simple YouTube video to my webpages anymore through Muse?!? All of the social media widgets have been removed 9/2019. Spark is not right for a complicated website that needs constant updating, and I don't have the time to learn code. If Adobe offers nothing for people to make a decent website without writing code, does anyone know of a program from a different company that is worth it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know  ðŸ˜‰

This site is Muse Themes and for me is the best emmbed in Muse... witgets, themes, plugins... and they have an alternative when Muse disappear. 

There are a lot of sites an widgets in other teams... Qooqee, MuseGain, Muse resources, Muse For you, 123muse...

You can view a lot of examples,widgets downloads in the widget directory of Adobe Muse collection, they have a search and filters in categories: Adobe Muse | Exchange, the oficial site and runs today yet.

There are somethings widgets for free.

Hope to help you

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you too code challenged to copy & paste some embed code into your Muse project?  I mean that's what Insert > HTML is for.   See links below for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/embedding-videos-html-content.html

MUSE ALTERNATIVES

Dreamweaver

Pinegrow with WordPress Theme Builder

Wappler

Visual Studio Code

Bootstrap Studio

Blocs (Mac only)

Sparkle (Mac only)

Webflow

Without Code

WordPress with Elementor page builder

Adobe Portfolio

Squarespace

Wix

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am code challenged since my brain injury in 2013. Thank you for pointing out my neurological problems!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with disabled people my whole life. Copying and pasting code takes no talent whatsoever. Anybody can do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you don't work with disabled people anymore. Did you ask those disabled people if they were "challenged" too? Did you tell them how easy something is when they didn't know about a certain feature? Do you treat everyone like they are stupid? Of course anyone can copy and paste, really, what is your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed social widgets from Muse for a reason.  That's all any of us know.  End of story.   

You can spend 5 minutes learning how to copy code from YouTube and paste it into Muse.  IMO, time well spent.  Or you can pay for commercial widgets if that makes you happy.  Either way, you have 2 answers and I'm done here.   Goodbye & good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Curandero,

From what I understand, the social widgets were removed because of something related to legal issues. I am not sure as to the technicality of the issues.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines