• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does do my NAV buttons only behave on first click?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you in advanced for your help. This is set up as a lightbox and when user clicks one of the buttons it's supposed to close out the lightbox and go straight the the page anchor. It will only work properly the first time the buttons are pressed (with the exception of Griswold Strike Team button because that hyperlinks to a different page, not a page anchor). So after the buttons are pressed once, the next time user goes to press button again, they have to click off the nav to go to the section. Can anyone help? To see what I mean, go to lastingddesign.com/gxg and click all buttons on the nav at least once, then try again.

PROB.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Your navigation can‘t work as intended.

You are using a composition, and a composition lightbox doesn‘t close by design, when clicking onto an element within it.

I am not really sure, if you have explored the capabilities of Muse‘s standard menu widget. Just have a look at my answer here (including screencast and example .muse file): https://forums.adobe.com/message/10849450#10849450

This is only a demo of some possibilities, it isn‘t intended to look nice!

Additional issues of your site:

• When click

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, your link doesn't work.  This is the correct URL.

Griswold Insurance Agency

I  don't like the navigation much.  It's hard to find and gimmicky.  Keep it simple so people won't have to struggle to use it.   I also think the lightbox viewer needs to go.  Navigation should not be in a modal window.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your navigation can‘t work as intended.

You are using a composition, and a composition lightbox doesn‘t close by design, when clicking onto an element within it.

I am not really sure, if you have explored the capabilities of Muse‘s standard menu widget. Just have a look at my answer here (including screencast and example .muse file): https://forums.adobe.com/message/10849450#10849450

This is only a demo of some possibilities, it isn‘t intended to look nice!

Additional issues of your site:

• When clicking onto a menu item, your whole page shifts horizontally on smaller screens. This happens, because your anchors aren‘t placed correctly. Since browsers try, always to move anchors to the top left corner of the browser window, the page will shift, when your anchors aren‘t placed at the left edge of your page area.
  • The whole page doesn‘t fit onto the screen of mobile devices. This normally happens, because there are elements, which overlap/are placed outside your page/breakpoint width. Have a look at this document to understand this behaviour: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8953

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I am going to go through your links. I truly appreciate your time and for answering my question. Wish me luck to fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

–> „Wish me luck to fix!“ Of course I do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter... one other thing. Can you tell whats wrong with the responsiveness of the top section text block? I am able to get the text boxes for all other copy on the site the push down responsively. However, on the top text block of my 1200 and 980 breakpoints, the Client/Problem text will not push down the man. Is there an easy answer I'm missing for that?

www.gxg.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please show exactly, what you mean (screenshot?)? I think, the page behaves quite correctly. There are some issues, but nothing, what seems to match your description (as far as I understand it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines