• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Muse crash (since update) when using certain widgets?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse crashes when I use the composition widgets, (blank version) placing my trigger icons, 14 triggers work, then on the 15th I have a crash!

Before this 2018 update, in the composition widged, I had problems getting the target and trigger appear with the placed matching images –they mismatched, when I used more than four triggers; as well, the 'fluid' page composition adjustment for tablet and mobile would just not adjust for composition widgets. I have waisted several weeks of solid work on these mis-features, and feel waiting for bug fixes with updates was then not good enough, but especially when now I have the crash when using them as described, please advise,

Giulietta Pellascio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

No, this size should be no problem at all!

Perhaps your document or some elements on it is/are damaged.

The laborious way to try this:

• Delete test-wise all 3rd party widgets and HTML objects, and look, if your issue persists.
  • Delete page by page and check, if the issue disappears.
  • Create a new site with the exact same parameters and „paste in place“ one element after the other to this new document, starting with the „misbehaving“ composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if there is a limitation on the number of triggers in Muse, but in my opinion, I think that you are using way too many triggers than what I would. I suggest logging a bug with the product team using Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Defiantly a limitation on these triggers, 13 or 14 at most for the one widget before the program crashes, to see why I need them, also used with no problems in Dreamweaver some years ago, see my partially completed site uploaded on: http://edolselliott.businesscatalyst.com/glass-index.html <http://edolselliott.businesscatalyst.com/glass-index.html> –this is a a revision of a site of mine of some years ago that I wished to bring to Muse with fluid applications: http://www.edolselliott.com/indexglass.html, hence the need of these widget, or are there some other ways around this, using a different technique?

Giulietta Pellasio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better than words:

After adding 56 triggers I gave up!

No crash at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giulietta,

Apologies to find you in this trouble, however, I am sure we can get this worked.

Usually, this type of issue happens because of some corruption in the composition.

For drilling down into the issue, can you please try adding a new composition widget into the page and now add the triggers.

If it doesn't crash then you might have to rebuild your composition.

However, in case if it still crashes, send me your .muse file as explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 in a private message.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankushr,

Thanks for the reply, the only way I can get around the crash is to add a new widget onto page, and continue adding the triggers, but see the page on my partially completed site uploaded on: http://edolselliott.businesscatalyst.com/glass-index.html <http://edolselliott.businesscatalyst.com/glass-index.html> –this is a a revision of a site of mine from some years ago that, I wish now to bring to Muse (making fluid page design adjustments), this older site was build with Dreamweaver some time ago http://www.edolselliott.com/indexglass.html <http://www.edolselliott.com/indexglass.html>, but, hence the need of these widget,

Best Regards, Giulietta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your .muse file with me with just your composition on a page, so I can look what exactly is causing the error crash.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a dropbox link of file EE_Test_site17.muse to this forum address via the share link, did you get It? The file is 9.5 mb, but it is just the one page with triggers, and simple master page and, although a brand new file, could that be the problem? Can't really see why the file is so big, there are only about 2.5mb of assets used?

Giulietta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I didn't receive your file, you may share it me on my email - ankrao(at)adobe(dot)com.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ankush

I have shared the file EE_Test_site17.muse from my dropbox to ankrao@adobe.com, were you able to retrieve it?

Giulietta Pellascio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thanks, I got your file.

Will be going through it today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange that I am able to add as many triggers as I can to all three compositions you have placed.

Assuming it as a system issue can you please try the steps to reset your Muse preferences as mentioned in this thread - Problems on the very start of using Muse​ and see if it works.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ankush,

Adding ‘triggers' themselves is not the problem, it is when I place the images, say, in the 14th trigger, that the crash happens – as if on overload, paste the image into the 14th trigger, then a crash(!) and that is the max for the widget it seems.

But then when I pull out another new composition widget onto the same page, and start adding triggers, and placing images into the triggers/target all works fine until that widget's 13th or 14th trigger, then again the crash, hence the demo composition with three widgets!

So not a memory problem, or system problem as I tried doing this on three different computers, all high end (MacBook Pro; iMac 2.7GHz, Intel Core i7 16GB memory), all with AdobeCC installed at different times, they can’t all be corrupted.

Anyhow, in the older version of Muse the triggers would not behave at all, jumbled image order after only 4 placed triggers, that is, showing wrong image in target for trigger, this has been corrected in the update.

I would like to design the page not with three composition widgets of 14 triggers, but with the one widget showing 56 triggers, as Günter says he can do easily, for the sake of clarity and design, but then his example again has no ‘placed’ images, as yours… , and that is purpose of these widgets?

Can you still help, Giulietta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce your issue. No success at all. After placing an image into 40 triggers and into the respective targets I gave up. All works as expected.

The same, if I don’t place the image into the trigger, but fill the trigger with an image.

There must be a different issue! Would be fine, if you share the file you sent  to Ankush to be able to have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ankush, Günter,

Take it all back, my last shared file shows the triggers working, but now I find out, ONLY when it is isolated to one page of test site, in site proper with 12 pages, there is the same limitation of 13 to 14 triggers to widgets on the page, although three widgets can be applied may be one more;

So a general memory problem, the site at the moment is only 28MB, is that a problem,

Giulietta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this size should be no problem at all!

Perhaps your document or some elements on it is/are damaged.

The laborious way to try this:

• Delete test-wise all 3rd party widgets and HTML objects, and look, if your issue persists.
  • Delete page by page and check, if the issue disappears.
  • Create a new site with the exact same parameters and „paste in place“ one element after the other to this new document, starting with the „misbehaving“ composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Günter, I managed it, by deleting page with misbehaving composition widgets all together, replacing it with a new one, and pasting all the content of test page that had trigger widgets working, onto the newly created page; I was then able to add to triggers to reach the number of triggers necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally! Thanks for reporting back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines