• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't pinning work on some items in Muse?

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm really at the end of my tether with Muse. It seems like one long battle. My site - with hardly anything on it - becomes progressively more destroyed every time I work on it. It took weeks of spare time just to get a header and footer working properly, and now I'm on the home page. I have added just a header and a slideshow. They will not stay put no matter what I do. I've tried pinning, unpinning, gone through the resize options, all to no avail.

It's broadly acceptable up to the point where I had to replace the menus with a button (I assume I can use this to provide a menu list at some point, I haven't got there yet). I slid the existing menus up behind the header and asked to be hidden at every breakpoint from there on. At this point, a slideshow sitting just above the footer rides up to mid page. The narrower the breakpoints get the worse it is. The header jumps around but almost works. I have tried it with an absurd number of breakpoints but it breaks apart at the slightest twitch of the scrubber. If I view it landscape on an iPhone 6 everything just crashes into each other. I have placed a cut down version of the site here: https://www.dropbox.com/home/MUSE%20TEST%20(1)/VISION%20EXCESS%20MUSE%20WEBSITE?preview=VISION+EXCES...

Hopefully this can be accessed. If anyone can advise me what is going wrong here I would be more than grateful.

I am a designer with decades of experience behind me, and with a good many years of InDesign too, which is wonderful. I'd like to think it is just me, but it seems that Muse throws up one problem after another no matter what I do. I am in complete despair over responsive sites. I could have prepared a dozen fixed sites in the age it has taken me to get this far. I have no confidence in getting a working result.

Perhaps there is a simple answer to what is going wrong here?

On another matter - I find Muse has more crashes than banger racing. Anyone else having that problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve Fermor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-18 um 19.22.14.png

Please try to follow these rules, if you upload a .muse to show us:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Just show for example your home page – wondering why you have the almost whole site and start now with the homepage?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response Uwe,

I left the other pages on as there are some drop down menus on the site and I didn't know if they would interfere with the header area? There is now just the master and the home page - is that any better for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great to me .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hopefully somebody will spot this addition.

Here are some screenshots of the problem. First, here's what it looks like in Muse at different sizesScreen Shot 2017-11-25 at 16.47.23.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 16.50.12.png

:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Günter,

There has been a problem trying to complete the post.

Here is the final screenshot from Muse:

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 16.50.43.png

However, in preview and when I post the site, it does this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 17.09.42.png

Why? I have spent weeks on this, and nothing no matter how bizarre I have tried works. As soon as the menu button at the top appears, it starts to go seriously wrong. I've read that objects that exceed the page width can cause this, and I have hidden the wider menu by popping it behind the replacement deeper heading and hiding what I don't want seen by using the 'hide in this breakpoint' feature. I did try reducing them at these sizes to avoid this, but it screws everything up on wider sizes. I'm desperate for an answer if anyone can help. A cut down site is still available on the link in my original post.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, what your .muse file from post 1 will show us. And: Is it perhaps possible, that you upload the file into your Dropbox account and give us the download link. Now, your file will be copied into our Dropbox account – what I really don’t like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry Günter, I'm not sure sure what you are asking me.

I have just placed the muse file into the public folder in dropbox - maybe that is of some help?

The link is: Dropbox - VISION EXCESS.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines