Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Muse so extremly slow. It takes 2 hours to publish a site

Enthusiast ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe!

Why is my Muse so extremely slow. It takes 2 hours to publish a site?

Yesterday I made a responsive site with 50 pages.

I made 6 fixed breakpoints for every page. And there was only content on one of these pages. But it took more than 2 hours to publish.

Today I just did a change on the text on the one page, I only changed one word,  - and then published, - and that took over one and a half hour.

I try to do some changes to an old Muse file , and published, and that took only 4 minutes, - this site has 25 pages, and non-responsive.

So what is wrong? Any idea? Others who have similar problem?

I have updated the new version of Muse 2 days ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haneadino  написал(а)

Вчера я сделал отзывчивый сайт с 50 страниц.

This is the reason. Performance and the very concept of Muse does not allow you to make such large sites. For so many pages, you need a CMS, such as Wordpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My site has 150 pages, all responsive, and it needs 20/30 mins to be directly published on my FTP. So, besides the fact that since the 2017.0.3 update it became slower, i don't think the 50 pages is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNZ77  написал(а)

My site has 150 pages, all responsive,

I can only express my sympathy and admiration. But unfortunately, you would deserve the first prize for choosing the most incorrect platform for implementing a site that has such a large number of pages. The problem can be in the amount of content on each page. Maybe there is not much content on your 150 pages. And you do not understand that you also have a problem, since 20/30 mins is also a lot, provided that you are wasting this time every time you make the smallest change on the site. You drive a car with stone wheels, unaware that in the world there are sports cars with light alloy wheels. 150 pages in the Muse can be done, but it's just as absurd as digging a hectare of land with a child's shovel. And the administration of such a site is a real hell. So I do not think that your example is what should be imitated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havn't say it was 150 sites??? -  it it 50 pages, and only content in 1 page of these 50. I have another website with almost 70 pages  done with Muse, but this site is non-responsive. And when I do changes and so on and publish this site with Muse, it takes 3 or 4 minutes. So this site works like a dream. So is it because this is responsive , these 50 pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't tell us the site url, ftp used or what host server so the only answer at this point is we don't know.

p.s, yes large sites (more than 50 pages) will slow muse down but there are ways to work around that with good design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thre was only content on one page of these 50 pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel is right about publishing large sites on Muse and one of the reasons your site is taking so long to upload maybe the size of the images you probably are using, if there is a lot of non optimized images on your site (even if it is only one page) it will take longer to transfer the files to the server e.g. 1 image at H1920px x W1280px at 300 DPI resolution will weight about 1.5 to 2 MB in size (compared to the same size image at 96 DPI will be around 150 to 200Kb and at 72 DPI res even smaller and still good quality) and if you are using images straight out of a HD camera, which could be well over H5000px x W5000px at 300 DPI res or more then each image could weight anything from 4 to 6MB and upwards making the uploading process a pain and your website slow to load. Also agree with Ussnorway without a url sample we do not know what the problem might be. The largest site I had built with Muse is around 40 pages and I take great care to optimize every image according to the use it has (large slideshow, thumbnail etc.)

and it takes around 3 to 5 min to upload (and to me it seems already long, can't imagine what it is to wait 20 min or more) Then again I am just guessing as to what can cause long periods of time for Muse to publish/upload a site. Also consider checking your internet connection speed it might help too.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urvabsaol , of course I know that!!! I know everything about images!!!

You have not read what I have written.

There is ONLY content on one of the pages with 3 small images , and the  other 49 pages are empty!!!

Here is something wrong with Muse!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for the clarification. Can you try creating a new test site in Muse with new content and try publishing it. Let us know if you still face issues with publishing, and we will take it from there.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Hanna,

As you have mentioned that from 50 pages you have little content only on one page and rest all are empty.

In this case, it shouldn't that long.

This can be something at your server end as well.

To check you can try uploading the same site on Business Catalyst as a test and see how much time does it take.

As per Prerans suggestion, you can also try uploading a fresh new site on the same domain with just one page having the same content as of the previous site and see if that also takes a long time.

If nothing helps, please don't mind sharing yours reduced .muse file with us so we can look for the real issue.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines