• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is my Muse website not automatically recognising the phone version?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having difficulty with my client's Muse website being redirected to the desktop version even when viewed on a phone. The home page comes up correctly as the phone version, however the remaining pages all try to link to the desktop version. Any suggestions? I've tried setting different pagebreaks only to get error messages re overlapping sizes. I've therefore deleted the double up pagebreaks to alleviate this error and no success. I've also had no luck changing the title url the pages (eg about.html was changed to http://www.barbecuehq.com.au/phone/about.html) in the phone version. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks! Bec

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

If you use adaptive design as you did, the www.yourdomain.com/phone.html gets added automatically.

There`s no way to change this.

On my side – Safari on OS10.12 every page works and shows up as expected.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use adaptive design as you did, the www.yourdomain.com/phone.html gets added automatically.

There`s no way to change this.

On my side – Safari on OS10.12 every page works and shows up as expected.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. It seemed to work perfectly for the main menu items set on each of the pages, however for any extra buttons or hyperlinks I had created within the content sections, they needed to be manually changed to include "phone" or "tablet" within the url. So it took a lot longer to go through each page and fix, however seemed to do the trick. Again thanks so much for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines