• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't ReCaptcha 2 visible on uploaded page?

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  included ReCaptcha 2 on two pages which were working fine for quite a long time, now they aren't.  I was alerted to this by someone trying to connect. In preview they are visible, but once uploaded they don't.

Any solutions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi schooldaysmag,

Can you please share the URL of your site so we can also have a look at it?

Did you also the check the validity of your Recaptcha key provided by google and also if it is correct in Muse?

Please update this thread with the info you have.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush,

this is the link to the page that is currently hidden from the menu and from the footer links, because the reCaptcha 2 isn't working. schooldaysmagazine CONTACTS <http://www.schooldaysmagazine.com/contacts.html>

kind regards

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, can you please the suggestion made in this doc - reCAPTCHA 2.0 server error -- SOLVED and let us know if works for you?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link you gave me goes to this page - no solution! https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clicking the link from this page in the forum - I have already seen this and spoken with my host who have implemented the changes and still it doesn't work. Even on a brand new page made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest logging a bug with the team using Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran I have now done this and see that there are others who have done so too, so why has Adobe acted upon this. It is very important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to me it looks like your typekit code is being blocked by the apache host server... I would remove the fonts and use a single websafe font on the form.

I also recommend removing the breakpoints and just having one fixed width form on that page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway but that would look rather odd as the page would not fit in with the rest of the website and having one size form is not suitable for mobile devices. These forms were working perfectly well until a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schooldaysmag  wrote

Ussnorway but that would look rather odd as the page would not fit in with the rest of the website and having one size form is not suitable for mobile devices.

isn't a working form the most important point of that page?

I don't see any reason you can't make a copy of that page and apply an extra fixed width master (with one form) to it as a test... understand that only the form needs to be changed by this master and the rest of your page design can still break up as you like.

schooldaysmag  wrote

These forms were working perfectly well until a few days ago.

so this just arrived? then I'd have to assume your host server has changed something... if you post a copy of your site to a free Adobe BC for testing it will confirm the error is in the firewall or proxy but imo the single breakpoint is your best path to a working reCaptcha 2

Screenshot (1265).png

anyway best of luck with it mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway, I have seen this code at the top of the page but I can't seem to get rid of it on my normal website. I have uploaded to business catalyst and this code disappears, however, the reCaptcha 2 is visible on the first two breakpoints and after that it is no longer visible. Still in a quandary.. but working on it and determined to find a solution somehow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can help with the code at the top of the page. When you added the reCaptcha 2 code to your site, you included some code from Typekit. Perhaps this was added as a JS snippet before and wasn't removed. Here's what I found in the source code for the site:

<!-- Other scripts -->

<script type="text/javascript">

var muReCAPTCHA2Instances = {};

var muReCAPTCHA2OnloadCallback = function() {

muReCAPTCHA2Instances['widgetu2688708'] = grecaptcha.render('widgetu2688708_recaptcha2', {"theme":"light","type":"image","size":"normal","sitekey":"<script src='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js'></script>"});

};

try {Typekit.load();} catch(e) {}

</script>

That last line:

try {Typekit.load();} catch(e) {}

I believe that is causing the issue you're seeing because it's not part of the <script>. I would remove that and see if that solves that part of the issue.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, thanks, but how do I remove this code? I can't get into the back end as far as I know. Also, this comes up on any page, brand new pages, not just the original contact page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, thanks again, I have re-inserted the Google ReCaptcha 2 code and it makes no difference. Also, I'm in communication with Adobe support about this, we tried uploading to BC to test and ReCaptacha 2 is only visible on the computer version, not iPad or iPhone or other smartphones. Still working with Adobe support. If and when there's a solution I'll post it here. I'm rather fed-up with this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for the inconvenience. Please do post your solution here after your issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do Preran. Not resolved yet, one of the support team thought it maybe a widget I have from the Adobe Muse Widget Directory - I removed it from the whole site and still no different..... He also said that Adobe don't give support for the widgets, use them at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not give support for 3rd party widgets... only the Adobe widgets have support.

just to be clear, the code used in ReCaptcha 2 is what Google says to use... their lack of understanding breakpoints isn't something Adobe can fix from this end and all forms using ReCaptcha 2 code with multi-breakpoints have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not referring to the code you are talking about, it was in relation to a widget from the Adobe Muse Widget Directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines