• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Muse does not make sites automatically responsive?

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to create a response site but it does not work well! So, I am just wondering why Muse does not adapt sites to be responsive and adaptable to the screen sizes automatically, without need to create breakpoints manually?

I find the manual adaptation through breakpoints somewhat tricky and not always easy to apply.

If Muse has a fluid deign option, why one should create breakpoints, then? These should be created virtually by Muse according to the monitoring screen sizes, shouldn't it?

In my view, it would be a nice feature if Muse makes sites responsive and adaptable to the screen sizes automatically, similarly to Bootstrap.

Meanwhile, is there any way or widget to make sites responsive automatically rather than with manual breakpoints?

As smartphones have different screen sizes, it would be hard to set up the right breakpoint for each size, so it should be much better that Muse can do it automatically.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

So, I am just wondering why Muse does not adapt sites to be responsive and adaptable to the screen sizes automatically

Because Muse is a program for designers, not for website development. It is designed to give maximum opportunities for manual work, which would fine tune the design.

If you need automation - take a look at the bootstrap or CMS using bootstrap, like joomla and wordpress with visual page builders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am just wondering why Muse does not adapt sites to be responsive and adaptable to the screen sizes automatically

Because Muse is a program for designers, not for website development. It is designed to give maximum opportunities for manual work, which would fine tune the design.

If you need automation - take a look at the bootstrap or CMS using bootstrap, like joomla and wordpress with visual page builders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Muse does not offer competitive options and functions to adapt to the needs of most customers (not only for designers), it might be surpassed by many other competitors.

Automatic responsive design is increasingly common including in free web design tools, see for eg. Mobirise, Pingendo, etc. These software are making responsive design as simple as clicking on mobile, ipad, or desktop icon, and you get responsive design automatically for all these monitoring devices at the same time. Isn't an efficient way to get more customers?

Automatic responsiveness could be added at least as an option for beginners, for example, or those who do not wish to spend time to manually design their websites.

Manual designers could continue to design the way they wish but offering an automatic responsive at least as an option is an efficient and almost mandatory option nowadays.

Adobe should adapt, and should offer better services, to remain leader in the market. Otherwise, it would lose many potential customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey adamzer,

Thank you for the generous feedback, however, you have mentioned is what we are planning for Muse in its development life cycle.

Only thing is this feature may not be seen anytime sooner because of the complexity of its nature.

Currently, we have to work on breakpoint system for bridging the gap between adaptive and responsive layout.

But, the only myth about breakpoints is they are added according to the screen size, however that is not true.

This video will shed some more light on where exactly you have to place a breakpoint in Muse - Muse Where to Put Your Breakpoints. 

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ankush, for your comment.

The breakpoints, as I could see, are somewhat 'misleading' and not so handy or practical for a "good" responsive and adaptive design. Breakpoints are tricky and time consuming for the majority of customers for whom Muse is normally designed to, without much knowledge about code.

Isn't Muse designed for people who do not have much knowledge about code? Then, it should be much easy and flexible than all the other free tools.

If Muse is designed to facilitate web design for those who are not so familiar with code and web development, then it should offer the most flexible and easy options to win customers loyalty.

The current breakpoints option is so complicated in my view for beginners and people who do not wish to spend time on building a responsive website easily and painlessly.

There are many current free software, developed by smaller companies than Adobe, that offer good responsive and adaptive websites at no effort from the user (WordPress, Mobirise, Bootstrap, Pengendo, etc.).

Responsive and adaptive web design is becoming the "norm" or "by-default" web design in all web development tools.

By its long-time standing, a company like Adobe should be able to offer better tools than the most of freely available ones, shouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will surely share your feedback with our product team.

Similarly, you can also share it here - Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas so the product teams can hear directly from you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Whilst I do not often post in the Muse forum, (or any forum anymore, I'm simply enjoying my retirerment ).

Depending on the user of Muse, would not a visual layout method that uses css flexbox be a method of allowing Muse users to produce rwd sites?

Flexbox is now used by many visual layout tools and developers, (read coders) as the method of choice, (even used by bootstrap v4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point, pziecina!

I agree with you, I think a visual layout method could be a good option.

Moreover, I think that Adobe should make a better policy to make Muse as a standalone software, downloadable and installable by users at an affordable price than to make it an online renting service as is currently the case.

Online rented software are a very bad idea in my view.

Who would prefer to rent a house rather than to have it as his own? Nobody would prefer renting things over possessing them.

The same for software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines