• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Adobe Muse's contact form deliver any message?

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I noticed that none of the websites I used Adobe Muse's contact form in is delivering any message to its correspondent email address.

Each form is configured to deliver messages in a correspondent contact@THE-DOMAIN.com email address.

If users fill out the form and hit send button the form returns the message that it was successfully sent.

I contacted my server and they installed their own contact form in two of my domains in order to test it. Both delivered messages in their correspondent email addresses.

I also performed Adobe Muse's troubleshoot in the above mentioned domains and both returned the same result: all fine (images below).

I honestly have no clue why they simply stopped working.

Screenshot 2017-01-15 14.46.34.png

Another one:

Screenshot 2017-01-15 14.46.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Hi Ankush.

I came across a solution to the problem. The contact form won't send any messages because of a specification of my server (Locaweb).

I had to edit the form_process.php file in scripts folder, replacing the line

$sent = @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

for

$sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, "-r". "EMAIL ADDRESS");

So everytime I export a website I'll have to manually edit this line in this file. It isn't the most practical solution but it works for now.

PS: Locaweb is th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the site details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine. Thanks for replying.

What sort of details do you need? The domains tested are www.adielrios.com/contato and www.salvadorclean.com.br/contato but all the contact forms from all the domains I have stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

please try replacing your domain registered an Email address in the form widget with a public address like Gmail or Yahoo, reupload the site and let me know if you are able to receive the emails then.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush. Thank you for your reply.

I just uploaded a test page to one of the domains (www.salvadorclean.com.br/test) and sent a message from the contact forms both to my personal Gmail and to the clients webmail (contato@salvadorclean.com.br). Neither of them delivered the message.

I'm really worried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure please confirm if you are placing your email address in the Muse form field as I have displayed below.

In a case of multiple email addresses you need to place a semicolon (;) in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush.

Yes, I am placing my email address in the Muse form field as you displayed above.

I only place one single email address in the Muse form field anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it should be at your host end.

Please ask then to try the solution mentioned in this post - reCAPTCHA 2.0 server error -- SOLVED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush.

I came across a solution to the problem. The contact form won't send any messages because of a specification of my server (Locaweb).

I had to edit the form_process.php file in scripts folder, replacing the line

$sent = @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

for

$sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, "-r". "EMAIL ADDRESS");

So everytime I export a website I'll have to manually edit this line in this file. It isn't the most practical solution but it works for now.

PS: Locaweb is the biggest web host in Latin America. So probably thousands of contact forms might be facing the same problem out there. =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS MAN

pelo nome deve ser brasileiro...
ajudou muito

valeu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines