• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why would you stop supporting Muse?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is the reason I use Adobe Creative Cloud. Your going to lose many loyal customers. I will not continue my subscription to the Creative Cloud. This is the perfect chance for Affinity to develope a web development program and take the market.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Keep in mind that Muse won't stop working. You will still be able to open the app and work with it. It just won't get any new features, etc.

The reasons for why Muse has been discontinued are explained here:
» End of service for Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly, this will be the demise of Adobe, plenty of alternative options out there. I will be cancelling my £73 subscription from next month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't stop using ps and indesign and a few others but i will never trust them again   this is such a fundamental app to my business that its going to have years of impact on my jobs and all the web sites i have built will now at some point in2 years all have to be rebuilt in a new ap    what a pile of ****    i can't understand why they are doing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree! I have been using Muse many years, through all the bumps & learning curves.... four websites later it’s very upsetting to think I will have to find & learn another application. I feel like I’ve wasted my time learning Muse- I was courted by Adobe’s claims of Muse simplicity, but frankly I wish I had just put my effort into learning a new version of Dreamweaver. If they are going to can Muse, they should have an alternative that will not take years to learn & apply... Adobe had lost my trust On this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. 

Here's a little history... 
Adobe once bought up a program called PageMill which was FANTASTIC, and was essentially Muse circa 1998, but they canned PageMill as well.  A couple of years ago they came out with Muse, and I thought awesome!  This is exactly like PageMill, only updated.  And now they've canned Muse too. 

Meanwhile the ever-unintuitive and complex Dreamweaver lives on.  

So annoying!! 

I'll continue to use Muse until it dies or I can find a better alternative.  Suggestions anyone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prof-illustrator-NY  wrote

I'll continue to use Muse until it dies or I can find a better alternative.  Suggestions anyone? 

If you just need a quick mockup, Muse is fine.  But beyond that, it's no longer fit for purpose.  And the code it generateson export to HTML  is really horrible.

Web standards and browsers keep changing.   Muse cannot keep up with those changes without a complete re-programming of the software which would have deleterious effects on the 3rd party widgets that many Musers currently use.   Adobe realized it was a losing battle and decided to end it.

At this point, any tool(s) that allow you to create modern, responsive websites in native HTML, CSS and JS code are what you should be looking at.

• Pinegrow
  • Dreamweaver with visual designer extensions
  • Visual Studio Code
  • Wappler
  • WordPress with visual designer plugins
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that Muse won't stop working. You will still be able to open the app and work with it. It just won't get any new features, etc.

The reasons for why Muse has been discontinued are explained here:
» End of service for Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What are alternative muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give Wappler a look. Fairly new and growing quickly.

https://wappler.io/index

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines