• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widgets & Also Multiple Responsive pages

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. This is my first web page and I am selling jewelry and I only have 1 of each. Is there a way I can mark each piece sold or make it unsellable? The Widget in Muse does not do that and the one in PayPal does but I don't want to make a widget in PayPal for every single item that I sell.

2. Can I change my view cart icon to a custom icon? I am using PayPal.

3. I am creating a responsive website and most of my pages are done except my additional items I want to sell. I have my first page done and I want to copy it and then change the pictures and prices. I was hoping i could do that and not have to fix all the break points again. Is that possible? For example, I have my necklaces all done on 3 breakpoints and want to do my bracelets next and was wondering if I have to start from scratch. I have the page already there in a link.

Thanks,

Natalie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

I think, for selling products you should use a widget, containing a complete shop system like, for example, this one: https://www.j-26.com/ecommerce/

Building this in Muse is quite impossible, because Muse has no dynamic data base backend.

Regarding point 3: If you right click the page icon in Muse’s plan view, you can duplicate the complete page.

Additionally: I hope, you are aware, that the Muse development has reached „end of life“. There unfortunately will not be further versions of this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, for selling products you should use a widget, containing a complete shop system like, for example, this one: https://www.j-26.com/ecommerce/

Building this in Muse is quite impossible, because Muse has no dynamic data base backend.

Regarding point 3: If you right click the page icon in Muse’s plan view, you can duplicate the complete page.

Additionally: I hope, you are aware, that the Muse development has reached „end of life“. There unfortunately will not be further versions of this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.  I don't think you can  according to PayPal's terms of service....

PayPal

"You may use HTML logos provided by PayPal for the purpose of directing web traffic to the PayPal services.  You may not alter, modify or change these HTML logos in any way,"

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information about duplicating the pages. I don't know how to write code and i know about the end of life so for now I don't have any other options. I know how to use the other Adobe graphic programs so it just made sense. Is J-26 totally separate from PayPal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create an online shop using this widget, you can choose PayPal as method of payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and grabbed the J-26, the free version, and it went into my library in Muse and it gave me no thumbnail and did not seem to work and there did not seem to be many options there. They don't support the premium version any more. I was just looking at their website. It looks like they offer support and hosting and all kinds of stuff. Are they reputable and someone that could help me now and when and when Muse goes away? I also saw MuseForYou also has PayPal buttons but I cannot see the options and I don't want to pay for something if I can't see what it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the premium version of the J-26 Ecwid widget and it works fine!

One more recommendation goes to this free ecwid widget: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/ecwid-ecommerce-store

You may have a closer look at this selection of ecommerce Muse widgets: https://musewidgets.com/collections/all/ecommerce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all your help. I am almost done my website in Muse and now pondering if I should finish it or start over with this link you showed me because I can stay with them after Muse runs out. Again, thanks, Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pegsus07  wrote

I don't know how to write code and i know about the end of life so for now I don't have any other options.

Have you looked at Etsy?   It's a very affordable way for new startups to sell their products online.

Learn How to Sell on Etsy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines