• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widgets not working

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue: whatever the widget I use in my page doesn't work until I resize my website. Even I refresh it widget doesn't work. I don't know if there's a code I need to write in html or some tool I have to use but I can't make it work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Not on iPad, for example. I think, the widget is outdated and doesn't work correctly with the asynchronious loading feature of newer Muse versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize the before and after widget. It works without the need of resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on iPad, for example. I think, the widget is outdated and doesn't work correctly with the asynchronious loading feature of newer Muse versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

Not on iPad, for example. I think, the widget is outdated and dkesn't work correctly with asynchronious loading feature of newer Muse versions.

This is correct. The widget doesn't appear in smaller breakpoints as the code is executed before the page is rendered. It appears when the browser is resized because the widget code is set to redraw itself on resize.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s really a pity. I use the same widget here: Steinmetzbetrieb Bernhard Binder-Dokumentationder beste Steinmtzbetrieb aller Zeiten​ .

Doesn`t this work on tablet? Could you please check for me Günter Heißenbüttel​.

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your replies.

Now, why does this widget work in the vendor website?: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/before-after-image-slider?view=p... is it a stable widget version?

I'm new in muse world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BryanNunezGomez  wrote

Thank you for all your replies.

Now, why does this widget work in the vendor website?: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/before-after-image-sli der?view=... is it a stable widget version?

I'm new in muse world.

The widget works on their site because the demo page is fixed width with no breakpoints. The problem only occurs on fluid or fixed breakpoint sites.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is the same behaviour. The widget isn't shown, until you mess around with swiping and tapping the triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On all screen sizes? The weekend would be rescued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is the vendor of this widget? This afternoon, I'll try this one: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/before-after-image-slider?view=p....

Let's see,if this works correctly …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… or even better: Our community friend David Ash​ created a widget, which should do the trick perfectly: https://www.creativemuse.co/before-and-after-widget-for-adobe-muse.html, doesn't it, David?

EDIT: I see, there are glitches too, when I preview the sample file on your homepage. What do you think, David Ash​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost the one from David, but the slider is orientated to the right, could that be set to the center as well?

It is even responsive. Does it accept breakpoints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

… or even better: Our community friend https://forums.adobe.com/people/David+Ash  created a widget, which should do the trick perfectly: https://www.creativemuse.co/before-and-after-widget-for-adobe-muse.html, doesn't it, David?

EDIT: I see, there are glitches too, when I preview the sample file on your homepage. What do you think, https://forums.adobe.com/people/David+Ash ?

Unfortunately, my widget suffers the same problem. Almost any third-party code that renders an image will fail display on a page with breakpoints. This has only been a problem since Muse started using asynchronous script execution.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance to make the team look into this, ankushr40215001​, Preran​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the call out. I am checking with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​, thanks mate. You know my opinion about 3rd party widgets, I guess ? Interested about, what the team says to David Asch​  : using asynchronous script execution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

The team has requested for a list of widgets that they can use for their testing. Can you provide us with the details? Also, a way to test any issue with the widget would be very useful.

From what I know, the team provides widget developers with prerelease builds to ensure that their widgets are updated before a release. If you see widget developers not stick to that goal, let us know, and I will request the team to get in touch with them. Short of that, I think that testing widgets would take away time from developers that would be better served through creating the next set of features on the roadmap.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran, thanks for keeping us in touch with that.

I have one last idea of workaround. I created a before and after window for every breakpoint except for 768 which uses the same frame as 960 in my case.

That might be the reason why Günter Heißenbüttel​ found the same issue with iPad than on the site from BryanNunezGomez.

I chose to do it that way because of design reasons but give it a try with a copied frame from 960 to 788 and get back for a checking request  as soon as possible. This might help for Bryan as well.

In my case and I think in Brayns case as well it is this widget:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-05 um 17.33.41.png

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me the only chance is, not to use breakpoints on this page. Do you think this will work  David Asch​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why does it work perfectly in BC I am wondering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is from MuseThemes.com but was maybe at a certain time a free widget but isn`t anymore. I need to contact them with little chance of help, if they only provide it now for members, I guess.

I put this in in all breakpoints separately. I clicked on "Nutzungsbedingungen"

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-02 um 14.13.50.png

…came to this page:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-02 um 14.14.08.png

That`s, where I got this from.Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-02 um 14.14.29.png

If you could check additionally, would be nice, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines