• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Muse run on MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if Muse will still run on Mac OS Catalina?
I still need to use Muse for a bit but reluctant to install the new OS in case it trashes it.

Thanks

TJB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are reports, that it works fine on Catalina – even the previous version seems to run without hiccups. Didn’t try it yet. I only report, what other found out. Look here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Muse/MacOS-Catalina/m-p/10663947#M47690 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't do it! it does not work. you can download it, but then you get an error that says installer needs to be updated for Catalina and since Adobe is not supporting Muse anymore, that won't be happening. I just did it and now can't access my Muse sites!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is working perfectly here under Catalina.

Older Versions are running fine (18.0, 18.1). the newest Version (released some weeks ago) 18.1.1 works and installs as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a link for a download version of muse that works, can you send? the one i used from the Adobe site did not work.

this is what i get when i try to install 2018 or 19Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 10.53.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply use the "standard way":

Open the CC Desktop App, find Muse and install it. 🙂

Screen_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm losing my mind, it is not in the CC desktop app that i have. and when i search Muse, it says not found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 11.17.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a complete CC subscription?

Do you use the actual CC Desktop App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes to the first question.

i think i am using the CC Desktop app, I click on the icon in the top bar and it opens. not sure what else i should be doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, the issue is this:

If you have Muse on your machine, you can update it and/or reinstate even older versions.

If you don’t have it on your machine, you can’t, because it is end of life.

As you have a Mac, I think you may try to recover your older Muse by using time machine and update afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Muse, but after all the updates, i now no longer do, unfortunately, and the download for it gives the error i posted earlier. I just did a search and i don't have it on here anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No time machine backup? That is quite negligent, as you see …

In this case, you should contact the Adobe support …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should we help in this case? No backup to restore older Muse, knowing, that it is end of life …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter
This thread is a few months old and I just wanted to check that you are still running Muse 18.1 OK on Catalina. I'm in the change over phase with some clients still on Muse so still need to use it to make amends on those sites. But I would prefer to update my OS to Catalina. Let me know if you pick this up
Cheers

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark!

I am using Muse 2018.0, and it works fine on Catalina. For support reasons I use Muse 2018.1 and Muse 2019.1.1. in addition, and I didn’t encouter any issues with either version.

Be aware: If you install Muse 2018.1.1., the installer will remove the "social widgets". If you need them, you should export/import these widgets before. If this hint comes too late, here is a simple way to re-install these widgets: https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/adobe-muse-social-widget/m-p/10830451?page=1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the heads up Günter! I'll get on and update. I wasn't sure about updating Muse to 2019 as I thought Adobe might be stripping stuff out of it pre EOL. is it OK? And thanks for the note on the social icons too. have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed the social icons widget for a reason.  Keep in mind that it may not be in your best interest to keep using a disconnected widget or for that matter, discontinued software. 

If you use such widgets, you should also be aware of the privacy implications.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, what a deep, profound information, Nancy! No questions remaining! 🙂

If every single(!) of these widgets really have these implications, what about the tons of websites, built with older Muse versions? Don't they have these "privacy implications" too? And if, why is there no warning by Adobe?

Nobody ever informed the Muse users about the reasons of cancelling the social widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be living under a rock or very naive not to know about GDPR, cookies and privacy concerns. It has long been known that Facebook and other social widgets track data from your site visitors the moment they land on your site, even though they never clicked the social icons. 

https://www.ampercent.com/facebook-twitter-buttons-collect-user-data/9287/

Use unsupported software at your own risk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Nancy, again: What a useless "His Master’s Voice"-information!

We all know, what you are talking about, but this is not an issue starting with Muse 2018.1.1.! This is true for all sites built with older Muse versions and all websites, which use code snippets to integrate Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and similar content. And if Adobe has in mind these issues, why don’t they adress this by informing the customers? Why don’t they warn custumers to check their older Muse made sites?

I am definitely sure, that your arguments ar nothing but justification attempts – especially, because you – as we all – don’t know and can’t know Adobe’s real reasons for cancelling the social widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter - you are obviously a mine of information so apologies for grabing you again. I am going to suggest to a customer that they get an SSL cert for their site as they have forms and will soon be starting to use facebook Pixels and google analytics. Once this has been implemented I presume the site will need reuploading - do you have to change any upload settings. Do you use auto detect in options? Or is there smething else that is required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the SSL certificate you don’t need to modify your site. It has to be manages on server-side.

Google Analytics need code within your site. Look at this description: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/how-to/use-google-analytics.html and/or use this free widget: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/google-analytics .  You may also be interested in this widget: https://www.j-26.com/seo/trackers/google-analytics/ 

Here you find a widget for Facebook Pixel: https://musewidgets.com/collections/j-26-com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am going to suggest to a customer that they get an SSL cert for their site..."

Muse has nothing to do with this.

SSL/TLS certificates can be obtained directly from CAs at far less cost than going through your web host.  Free certs from Let's Encrypt, Cloud Flare and others are available but the level of protection might not be good enough for a business that collects sensitive data.  For this reason, I buy my SSL/TLS certs from Namecheap.com. 

https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates/

Decide how many domains need coverage, www and non-www.  You can buy 1 certificate that covers multiple domains or wildcards on the same server.  

Next, decide if you need domain verified (DV), organization verified (OV) or extended (EV).  DVs are quicker to process and less expensive.

Namecheap has an excellent knowledgebase about everything from generating CSR codes to installing and activating certs on various types of servers. 

https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/795/69/how-to-install-ssl-certificates

Finally, you'll need to configure the server so that all non-secure HTTP traffic is redirected to secure HTTPS.  This can be done through your server's Plesk, admin or cPanel. Or by editing the server's config or .htaccess files.  Muse cannot do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines