• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Muse run on MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if Muse will still run on Mac OS Catalina?
I still need to use Muse for a bit but reluctant to install the new OS in case it trashes it.

Thanks

TJB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Guenter which is all true, your host has to "do" a so called redirect to the new https:// instead of http://  , in most cases you don`t have to do this, but in some cases you are asked to put a new htaccess-file on your ftp which has nothing to do with muse at all BTW. But as I wrote and experienced, in most cases the hosting company helps you with that, because it is kind of tricky in some ways to create that htaccess file.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind paying the host additional service fees, fine.  Let them do it.

I don't like to pay extra for things I can easily do myself.  Learning how to set up SSL/TLS certificates is not difficult and it will save you and your client time and money.  Especially next month or next year when your certificates expire and have to be renewed again.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My" hosts in my experience never chared for SSL either simply the SSL-cerificate itself nor the installing at it was always quite easy for them. Maybe out of Goodwill - maybe. I always told them that my site is done with Muse and they might had pity for me, who knows.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...can’t know Adobe’s real reasons for cancelling the social widgets."

I never claimed to.  An Adobe staffer said the social widgets were removed for possible legal reasons.  Interpret it as you see fit.  Meanwhile, privacy and intellectual property rights continue to be big issues that Adobe is no stranger to.

Connect the dots. I figure if Adobe went out of their way to remove social widgets, they don't want people to keep using them. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines